X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick Butler
    • Jan 2014

New 600 Series

Bowers & Wilkins. 197,426 likes · 3,028 talking about this. The world's leading premium loudspeaker manufacturer for people who love music. Hear and feel music as the artist intended.

#new600series
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

They have been leading up to this on Facebook haven't they!
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

Looks very interesting. Nice

Comment

• dan87951
        • Nov 2005

Wow, about time. I believe the old 600 series was closing in on 8-9 years, right? I really wish they would bring back the large cabinet 602. I'm going to have to talk to my dealer and have him order me some 685's to try out.
        dan87951
        audio guru

Comment

• Patrick Butler
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by dan87951
          Wow, about time. I believe the old 600 series was closing in on 8-9 years, right? I really wish they would bring back the large cabinet 602. I'm going to have to talk to my dealer and have him order me some 685's to try out.
          The outgoing 600 Series was introduced in the summer of 2007, so it has been some years. Suffice to say that our engineers have been hard at work on any number of projects in the intervening years. In any case, I think you'll love what you hear when the new 685 rolls out next month.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
          B&W Group North America

Comment

• Blindamood
            • Sep 2003

It's interesting to me that they reference support for "lossless digital files such as FLAC" in the description of the new 600 Series, and show the Rotel integrated in the picture that does NOT support FLAC...
            Brad

Comment

• Patrick Butler
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Blindamood
              It's interesting to me that they reference support for "lossless digital files such as FLAC" in the description of the new 600 Series, and show the Rotel integrated in the picture that does NOT support FLAC...
              That's a good observation. While Rotel is distributed by B&W Group in many markets around the world, Rotel is still a family owned business. Personally, I batch converted all my FLAC files into Apple Lossless years ago using dbpoweramp.

Comment

• leo2498
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
                The outgoing 600 Series was introduced in the summer of 2007, so it has been some years. Suffice to say that our engineers have been hard at work on any number of projects in the intervening years. In any case, I think you'll love what you hear when the new 685 rolls out next month.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
                B&W Group North America

I wondering if B&W will release a new version of the 800 series in a near future? or new speaker like a bigger 804 diamond cabinet with a marlan head head, it will be a crazy idea? it could work to me
                Leo,
                Saludos
                My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• PewterTA
                  • Nov 2004

I'm soooo sad that the dealer I was going to just recently left B&W Group. Sad Sad Sad (though admittedly it was because I was looking to some classe amps)... probably because they hooked me up with good deals, but I always loved seeing/hearing the new things that came out. Guess I'll have to now make a trip to BestBuy or somewhere to hear them
                  Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                  -Dan

Comment

• TomScrut
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by leo2498
                    I wondering if B&W will release a new version of the 800 series in a near future? or new speaker like a bigger 804 diamond cabinet with a marlan head head, it will be a crazy idea? it could work to me
                    That would be up my street. I want 802s as the marlan head makes such a difference, but my room (and budget maybe) is probably too small for them! Even a downsized 802 with similar bass/size to my 803Ss would do nicely.
                    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                      • Jan 2014

I'm not aware of a new 800 Series, but I do know that our engineers and researchers in Steyning are always working on new technologies and concepts. Perhaps some of those will make their way into future products.

While not a speaker designer, I imagine that you could make an 804 with a Marlan head. You would greatly increase the cost of 804 in the process, putting it somewhere between 803 and 802 in price (Marlan heads are quite expensive.) Just the cost of the tool that we use for bending cabinets (you need a unique one for every speaker in the 800 Diamond Series, and a new one for this hypothetical 804) is roughly 1M USD.

Best,

Patrick

Comment

• TomScrut
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Nov 2013

Guessing based on the normal I intervals it will be 2015 or 2016 when they change the 800s won't it? The CM is an older range than the diamonds.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by TomScrut
                          Guessing based on the normal I intervals it will be 2015 or 2016 when they change the 800s won't it? The CM is an older range than the diamonds.
                          That would be the normal cycle. Still way too early to do anything more than guess.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2006

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Speake...s/explore.html

Bowers & Wilkins. 197,426 likes · 3,028 talking about this. The world's leading premium loudspeaker manufacturer for people who love music. Hear and feel music as the artist intended.

#new600series
                            Any colors other than black?
                            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                              Any colors other than black?
                              Just black, and eventually white. Much easier to roll out product in every world marketplace simultaneously.

Comment

• TomScrut
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Nov 2013

White is on the UK site. No wood finishes except black?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by TomScrut
                                  White is on the UK site. No wood finishes except black?
                                  Correct.

Comment

• leo2498
                                    • Feb 2012

I'm not aware of a new 800 Series, but I do know that our engineers and researchers in Steyning are always working on new technologies and concepts. Perhaps some of those will make their way into future products.

While not a speaker designer, I imagine that you could make an 804 with a Marlan head. You would greatly increase the cost of 804 in the process, putting it somewhere between 803 and 802 in price (Marlan heads are quite expensive.) Just the cost of the tool that we use for bending cabinets (you need a unique one for every speaker in the 800 Diamond Series, and a new one for this hypothetical 804) is roughly 1M USD.

Best,

Patrick
                                    thank for your answer patrick, I still have the 802 diamond option .
                                    Leo,
                                    Saludos
                                    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• TomScrut
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Nov 2013

thank for your answer patrick, I still have the 802 diamond option .
                                      Me too! I just need to save up the money . Linn Akurate or Klimax DS and a decent pre on the shopping list first too! These are issues I need to address before upgrading speakers as I feel the 803s are good enough for what I have at the minute

Comment

• JohnBowers1
                                        • Aug 2013

White ones

A round-up of all our latest blog posts. From A-Z, updates on our brand, music and tech happenings, how-to guides and handy hints, and the latest product stories.

Comment

• sgtjim57
                                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by JohnBowers1
                                          I like the white.
                                          Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
                                          SVS SB 2000 X 2
                                          Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
                                          Oppo BDP 93
                                          Apple TV 4K
                                          B & W N804 Mains
                                          B & W 603 Rear surrounds
                                          B & W LCR 600 Center
                                          B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
                                          Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• Pedro
                                            • Jan 2006

I know thereĀ“s no near perspective of a new 800 series range in the future. But do you think B&W would re-launch a new 801 spk or a new big speakers featuring eg a 2x12" woofers?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                              • Jan 2014

Latest reviews, products, news, advice, videos and more, from the world's no.1 technology buyer's guide - What Hi-Fi?

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                                • Apr 2006

Very nice. I don't like the square shape design though. I like curves on speakers like I do on women. Looks like it has the same new Driver from the PM1 series. Would be very interested to see how it compares to the PM's.. But for the price you can't go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"