X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Point out the problems with this ad.

Seller claims these are "Signature SCM-1" Bowers & Wilkins. Is he fibbing? As a person who has owned the authentic Signature SCM series maybe I can point the flaws out a little easier. Any one else see some shenanigans?

dan87951
    audio guru
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

I have not owned these, so maybe you can highlight for us what the problem is. I see it has a high gloss finish and the aluminium bullet is interesting.

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

Why are they gloss black? The only ones they did in gloss were the signatures but they weren't black. And the phase plug is obviously an aftermarket machined ali one not with the matt finish off the signatures. Would go nicely with a pair of diamond series speakers for fronts....
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

The only Signature finishes that I'm aware of are Grey Tigers Eye Maple or Red Birds Eye, which also appear on the B&W archives (Signature SCM). The older Signature series seem to be pretty rare, but used to show up periodically on audiogon. I also noticed that there is no model label on the back (as my SCMS had). So, this appears to be a custom finish of some sort. If it were me shopping, I'd stay away from this listing.
        Brad

Comment

• dan87951
          • Nov 2005

Awesome! Glad I wasn't the only one that saw some of those issues. The Signature SCM was never offered in gloss black as you guys pointed out. The phase plug is also a big give away as well and what's the deal with the removed serial/model number decal? If you look closely the speaker mounting ring is not gloss black along with the mounting bolts, so I have a feeling these are just regular SCM's pawned off as signature's. I venture to guess if you were to pull the drivers and crossovers out they would have regular SCM part numbers on them.
          dan87951
          audio guru

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

and here I thought the biggest problem with this ad started with www.ebay.com.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• impala454
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2007

I like that he says there are a few tiny scratches "not noticeable at any distance". Then how did he notice them?
              -Chuck

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"