X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emig5m
    • Aug 2008

I liked the gloss black...

Seems to be some negative reaction to the gloss black on here and seen the CMs in gloss black at Best Buy/Magnolia yesterday and I have to say they are very sharp and sleek looking in person! I also liked how the magnets automatically centered the grill. I was wondering how you attached the magnetic grills while trying to keep them centered/lined up. No more grill tabs to break off (or even wear out as if you play with the grills long enough standard grill attachments will loosen up) and a cleaner front baffle look. Cool! Bottom line, gloss black would be my first choice of color if I where buying the CM series! Probably even the new 800s. :T I want to see the 804Di in gloss black in person!

I got to hear them too (CM9s/CMC2) on the new Yamaha A2000...but that's a different topic!
  • garak
    • Jul 2007

The reaction seems to be about 60/40 of like to dislike. I think there was a poll on that here a while ago.

I also like the gloss black. I think it's very elegant. For me it's a tossup between gloss black and rosenut.

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

I would love to see them in a mat black. Think batman suit skin color. Almost rubber mat black.. :T

Comment

• dukester
        • Sep 2010

Saw them at a Magnolia/BB; could not find a pair that looked bad. And the grilles didn't come off that easy, although much easier than the 803Di's...w/c isn't necessarily a bad thing. And the sound was the best amongst it's company (DefTech/Martin Logan). Overall very classy :T Would like to see them in rosenut...considering CM5's as surrounds.
        McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"