X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

PV1 vs PV1D

PV1 is 500w vs 400w PV1D. PV1D has room eq and other new technologies. Which one is better?
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

Someone must have done experience with the 2. Say something

Comment

• Briz vegas
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Only heard the pV1. It's different in other areas isn't it.

The PV1 is great to hold, it's like a big bowling ball. Very tactile.
      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• windshear
        • Dec 2004

I have no experience with either. However I have the DB1 and I would say the room compensation is worth it on the PV1D. The lower power rating is irrelevant as the 100w difference wont make a meaningful or noticable difference. Also the room compensation will reduce the boom across the measured range( ie room modes), reducing the need to amplify what you don't need.

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by windshear
          I have no experience with either. However I have the DB1 and I would say the room compensation is worth it on the PV1D. The lower power rating is irrelevant as the 100w difference wont make a meaningful or noticable difference. Also the room compensation will reduce the boom across the measured range( ie room modes), reducing the need to amplify what you don't need.
          No boom. Super clear and clean in my room, and this was before my bass traps. I don't think I actually heard the sub but it rattled the cupboards up the hall. Freaky.
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• windshear
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Briz vegas
            No boom. Super clear and clean in my room, and this was before my bass traps. I don't think I actually heard the sub but it rattled the cupboards up the hall. Freaky.
            Have you confirmed this with some form of measuring tool? Graphically or some visual means, or is it just by ear? Also without having seen your "bass" traps I would speculate they are more broadband absorbers. To trap bass it becomes impractical to do by physical means unless you use a tuned trap to address a specific problem(especially when using 1/4 wave length to be effective, which determines device size). I used the term boom loosely just to highlight room modes which every sub will influence, in every room and which the B&W room compensation can be used to reduce, to give a more linear response. Note linear response is not ideal depending on many factors, which I wont go into.

Comment

• TimbaLand
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by windshear
              Have you confirmed this with some form of measuring tool? Graphically or some visual means, or is it just by ear? Also without having seen your "bass" traps I would speculate they are more broadband absorbers. To trap bass it becomes impractical to do by physical means unless you use a tuned trap to address a specific problem(especially when using 1/4 wave length to be effective, which determines device size). I used the term boom loosely just to highlight room modes which every sub will influence, in every room and which the B&W room compensation can be used to reduce, to give a more linear response. Note linear response is not ideal depending on many factors, which I wont go into.
              I guess you are right Windshear. I am considering that PV1D advertised on the other forum.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"