X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPACEMANRICK
    • May 2005

Beautiful house with beautiful B&W speakers

Just dreaming of what I would buy if I won the lottery and I came across this house for sale in West Vancouver with some beautiful speakers in the music room (5 and 6 pictures down) :T

• bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Originally posted by SPACEMANRICK
    Just dreaming of what I would buy if I won the lottery and I came across this house for sale in West Vancouver with some beautiful speakers in the music room (5 and 6 pictures down) :T

http://www.soprovich.com/home2238.html
    It's smarter than my house for sure but the positioning of those speakers leaves a lot to be desired.

Nigel.

Comment

• Skyblue
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by bigburner
      It's smarter than my house for sure but the positioning of those speakers leaves a lot to be desired.

Nigel.
      There seemed to be space in some of the other rooms for a better placement. I wonder if he uses them to play background music he can accompany on the piano?

I did like the house. Its in the wrong country, but I could live there. Sure.

... Might have to win the lottery twice, but wth...
      B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• John22614
        • Feb 2010

Need to move the piano
        B&W 804s Mains
        B&W HTM4 Center
        Monitor Radius 180 Surrounds

Sony 46 HX929 TV
        Marantz AV 7005 processor
        Anthem MCA 30 Amp
        Panasonic 3D BluRay player

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

It is a music room for show only.

No one there plays the piano.......

& no speaker wires or electronics to run the speakers.

$ spent to impress themselves, apparently.
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
            • May 2005

I noticed no speaker wire also and wondered if there was any way they could hide the wire? We have a piano in the same room as my 802 diamonds and my daughters like to play the piano to the music streaming from my squeezebox touch through the 802 diamonds..........

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Originally posted by wkhanna
              & no speaker wires or electronics to run the speakers.
              They're the new B&W wireless speakers Bill with all electronics in the cloud.

Nigel.

Comment

• PewterTA
                • Nov 2004

Spikes on wood.... that can't be pleasant upon removing the speakers when it sells.... ha ha. (it's a joke, I know they have them in with the rubber feet down).

Those were put there for the pictures, no other reason.
                Last edited by PewterTA; 29 July 2013, 11:37 Monday.
                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                -Dan

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                  • May 2005

But it is a real house for sale in Vancouver and who else but us few audio geeks on here actually appreciate those speakers for what they are :lol:

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

There's another house on there that has the Bang & Olufsen Beolab 5s in the one picture....

I'm not saying it's necessarily that they were just put there for the pictures...just seems sort of out of place. If anything, they are there to be art...not to be used.
                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• RedWolf
                      • Sep 2007

Though it is very possible the house is completely staged, I would like to say that hiding your writing under the floor or in the wall is definitely the way to go. I did that in my home. Nordost makes very good flat cables that you can easily put under the wood floor or through the wall. All of my electronics are hidden inside panels as well. It is call the spouse factor. Regardless, thanks for sharing! I am building a house and sent the link directly to my architect. I don't much care for the outside but the inside is spectacular. The kitchen is a must have and the main office off the pool is a necessity. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"