X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Ashamed of my B&W Speakers...

I can't even stand looking at them anymore.

I feel so much better now.

LOL

Getting a new furnace installed, didn't want whatever dust and who knows what to potentially get onto them while things were being ripped out and installed...

Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
    Getting a new furnace installed, didn't want whatever dust and who knows what to potentially get onto them while things were being ripped out and installed...
    Good thinking! Soot and construction dust is abrasive, you gotta protect those puppies 8)
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Rod#S
      • Oct 2010

That was a very smart thing to do, I would even throw a blanket over the tv and other electronics. I had some dry wall work done a few years ago and that s%^t went everywhere. I spent hours cleaning and carefully wiping it off the A/V gear. I always do my best now to cover things up as best as possible. Are those the cloth wrappings that came with the speakers?
      B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I'm actually surprised there's little to no dust at all with the install.... Not enough to make me uncover the speakers...still happy I did that....but it's definitely hardly none. Any that has been created I can easily sweep up with the vacuum or duster I have.

Just can't take chances with my babies. ha ha
        -Dan

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

*phew*

That was a rough 24hrs....

I'm happy to say my speakers are back in perfectly good playing order....
          -Dan

Comment

• WPAULO
            • May 2013

B&w

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT AS LONG YOU PROTECT THEM ,YOU ARE COMPLETELY COVER . RSSSS;x(

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

I never realized the love affair I have with my speakers... that was terrible not being able to listen to them.... I seriously didn't know what to do with myself for an evening when I didn't want to uncover and re-cover them the next morning...

Do I have a problem?!!? Is there a Bowers and Wilkins Anonymous support group!? LOL
              -Dan

Comment

• stevek
                • Oct 2011

I never realized the love affair I have with my speakers... that was terrible not being able to listen to them.... I seriously didn't know what to do with myself for an evening when I didn't want to uncover and re-cover them the next morning...

Do I have a problem?!!? Is there a Bowers and Wilkins Anonymous support group!? LOL
                I know my wife wishes there was she hates bowers & wilkens and krell and oppo and direct tv etc.lol

Comment

• PewterTA
                  • Nov 2004

That would be enough for me to find a new wife! :rofl:
                  -Dan

Comment

• stevek
                    • Oct 2011

That would be enough for me to find a new wife! :rofl:
                    Haha,I love her to death and I hope she never asks me to choose.:}

Comment

• PewterTA
                      • Nov 2004

Lol!
                      -Dan

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"