X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    • Jan 2005

Replacement "dust caps"?

So, many of you may remember how my kitten destroyed the aluminum tweeter on my LCR60S3. I was told by someone here on the forum that I had nothing to fear, and could replace the "dust cap" on the tweeter for a nominal fee.

Well, the cat knocked the grille off of one of my DM603S3s and ate that tweeter as well.

I'm willing to accept that my grilles get scratched, but I can't relax knowing that the aluminum "dust cap" is pushed in/scratched regardless of if it impacts sound quality or not.

So I called my local dealer today, and asked about the prices on these "dust caps".

I was told that 1 for a DM603S3 was $160+s&h, and she wasn't sure if it included the foam surround (this one is scratched up).

$160 for an aluminum cap sounds a bit rediculous considering these speakers are only about $600 each.

Does anyone happen to know the part numbers, and costs for these parts?

I need the aluminum bit for my LCR60S3, DM603S3, and if possible, the foam surround portion for my DM603S3.
    My gear
  • worldys
    • Dec 2005

my advice is to get rid of the cat :evil:

but seriously, i would recommend you call the us distributor in boston, you can get their number off the b&w website, explain to them what you need replaced and they will figure out what parts you need to purchase, in general, the tweeter diaphragm comes with a thin foam surround and a voice coil, typically goes for about 30 bucks per unit, usually that is all you need to replace because the magnet is hard to damage

good luck

Comment

• Kyle
      • Jan 2005

Thanks, I'll have to give them a call. The place I contacted here I always have problems with, it doesn't surprise me that they don't know what they are talking about.
      My gear

Comment

• UCLAman
        • Oct 2005

Not in my house!

Originally posted by Kyle
        Well, the cat knocked the grille off of one of my DM603S3s and ate that tweeter as well.
        Man if my cat did that to my N803s - it would be good ridance. To the cat not the speaker.

OR

Perhaps you should feed your cat more often. :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"