X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

Help with 802Diamond

Hi guys,
    My dealer is offering me a 802di to exchange my 804D, I don't have the right room for them but my home is a temporary home so that it's not a problem but I wondering how much I can expect to discount, right now He is giving me a 15% of the retail price in Colombia(17800USD is the retail, tax included) so what do you think about the discount? It’s a good deal?
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

I think 15% is on the higher end you can expect... Typical for B&W seems to be 10%.
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

Thats pretty high I would jump on that. The 802s are a monter step up from 804's. A superb two channel speaker! If you are a movie go'er though the difference isnt as much.
      dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

• kaitkei
        • Jan 2010

my dealer offered me 11.6% off the 802's, if he would have offered me a 15% discount, i probably would have bought them on the spot... :roll:

Comment

• leo2498
          • Feb 2012

Many thanks guys for your answers, so each day I'm more close to the dream.
          Leo,
          Saludos
          My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• Greg Gale
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by leo2498
            Hi guys,
            My dealer is offering me a 802di to exchange my 804D, I don't have the right room for them but my home is a temporary home so that it's not a problem but I wondering how much I can expect to discount, right now He is giving me a 15% of the retail price in Colombia(17800USD is the retail, tax included) so what do you think about the discount? It’s a good deal?
            It depends on what he is giving you on the trade-in.
            Greg Gale

Main System:
            802 D2
            Classe CA2300
            Ayre K5XEMP
            Graham Slee Reflex M
            Esoteric X-05 SACD
            VPI Classic 3
            Dynavector X20x2
            Oppo BDP 95

Comment

• Skyblue
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Greg Gale
              It depends on what he is giving you on the trade-in.
              This, obviously.

Also, what is a good discount is very location dependent. Here in Europe, all discounts are frowned upon so much so that the dealer can loose the dealership. Still, 15% might not be good in Colombia?

Anyway, what is the largest realistisk discount anyone would get? 20%? 15% is not that far off, and the last 5% is probably not worth getting too upset about. Also, the 802s will beat the crap out of your 804s more or less regardless of the room. There is nothing to loose here.
              B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• leo2498
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Skyblue
                This, obviously.

Also, what is a good discount is very location dependent. Here in Europe, all discounts are frowned upon so much so that the dealer can loose the dealership. Still, 15% might not be good in Colombia?

Anyway, what is the largest realistisk discount anyone would get? 20%? 15% is not that far off, and the last 5% is probably not worth getting too upset about. Also, the 802s will beat the crap out of your 804s more or less regardless of the room. There is nothing to loose here.
                I'm thinking that it is a good discount and maybe I got this because I bought the whole system before so I'm just waiting the buyer of my 804D is decided.
                Leo,
                Saludos

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"