• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

need help with positioning speakers please

i have 804di and 3 meter room's wide..
    i read that the speakers needs to be 0.5 meter from a side wall
    but when i'm doing it the sound is still amazing but i have a lack in the bass range..
    can you help me to get the best postion for my speaker?
    what is recommend?
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by nimrodasas
    i have 804di and 3 meter room's wide..
    i read that the speakers needs to be 0.5 meter from a side wall
    but when i'm doing it the sound is still amazing but i have a lack in the bass range..
    can you help me to get the best postion for my speaker?
    what is recommend?
    Well i think that this rule will apply in a bigger room but in a room with only 3 m wide you maybe could try more close side of the 0,5 m.
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

The more correct way to think of it is... how far back are you sitting from your speakers... you want to make it as good of a triangle as you can.

Best thing to do, is from where they are... is to move them slightly out and in. See if it makes a difference. If it does not. Then move them forward and away from you... that's probably more the issue now is where you're sitting is a null in the bass waves. Think of the bass as they are, waves, you want to sit where they'd hit you more towards the middle of a wave to the top, not at the bottom where there's no real energy. I've found as much as .2 - .3m can make the world of difference moving them closer or further away from the listening seat.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• nimrodasas
        • May 2011

thanks i'll give it a try

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"