X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevek
    • Oct 2011

anyone using parasound halo amps,thoughts

i was wondering if anybody is running halo amps with there b&w's.i'm currently running emo upa-1 mono's and i like them but i got a call from a dealer stating that parasound is running a "40%" off sale till the end of the month.i did not get all the details due to being at the dinner table with my wife and these operations have to be kept top secret.lol

any info or advice on the halo line with respect to how they mate with b&w and how much of an upgrade to expect over the upa-1
    thanks steve
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Unless you are going to the JC1, I don't think you will notice a huge difference (if any at all).

This is based on my audition of the A21..

Cheers
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• stevek
      • Oct 2011

Yea thats what im afraid of.i wont be able to audition the halo but if i could get 40%off and could get a little improvement i'd do it.
      Were you able to compare them head to head at your home.i have been happy with the upa's but i'm always up for a good deal.Its really hard to believe the performace you get out of the emo's for the price.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Damn, 40% off Halo gear? I'd jump at that.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• stuofsci02
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by stevek
          Yea thats what im afraid of.i wont be able to audition the halo but if i could get 40%off and could get a little improvement i'd do it.
          Were you able to compare them head to head at your home.i have been happy with the upa's but i'm always up for a good deal.Its really hard to believe the performace you get out of the emo's for the price.
          No I was definitely not able to compare head to head. I am going off memory.

While the A21 was powerful very nice, nothing jumped out at me, where I would say WOW this is a must have.. The UPA-1 for me is very similar (great amp).. But that is what I would expect running two very powerful ss amps on a set of 804s.
          Main System:
          B&W 801D
          Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
          Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
          Oppo BDP-105
          Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
          B&W CM7
          Emotiva UMC-1
          Emotiva UPA-2
          Oppo BDP-83SE
          Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• stevek
            • Oct 2011

i think i will just buy one because it is 40% off and i could use one more amp.from what i am told it is not all thier amps.the jc-1,a51,a21 and i think the 5250 v2 and maybe a few more.the a23 is not on sale.and i dont know about the a23.i will just use the 3 emo amps for the center and surrounds.wish the a-23 was on the sale and i would by 3 and run them in mono.oh well

Comment

• leo2498
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by stevek
              i think i will just buy one because it is 40% off and i could use one more amp.from what i am told it is not all thier amps.the jc-1,a51,a21 and i think the 5250 v2 and maybe a few more.the a23 is not on sale.and i dont know about the a23.i will just use the 3 emo amps for the center and surrounds.wish the a-23 was on the sale and i would by 3 and run them in mono.oh well
              Hi steve, are you bought the amp? How was it?
              Leo,
              Saludos
              My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• peter clarke
                • Oct 2006

Parasound Halo amps

Stevek, I bi-amp my 800D's using Lynddorf RP-1 active crossover, with JC-1's supplying the bass and VTL S-400 supplying the midrange/treble. I have also run them purely with the JC-1's. These are great amps.

Comment

• stevek
                  • Oct 2011

thanks pete,unfortunately those babies are out of my price range.i was able to bring home an a-21 for a week and i did not hear a big difference over my upa-1's.i decided to hold of on the amps and purchase some new speaker cables that i tried at the same time.they made a big improvement over what i had..steve

Comment

• Pio
                    • Nov 2005

I use JC1's with my 802D2's, absolutely love them!!!
                    Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list

Comment

• Audio bliss
                      • Aug 2012

I am using a parasound a-23 amp on a pair of paradigm mon 7.. using panga ac-9 power cord and straghtwire cresendo jr i.cs..very..very detailed and transperant...parasound halo is your best for the money!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"