X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

choosing rear speakers :) again

i would like to ask if i dont have a space issue what do you think s better speaker and will sound more balance with 800 seires (804Di and HTM4Di)
    cm1 or fpm's series?
    thank you for help
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

804Di's are the perfect choice. Symmetry. Balanced with the fronts.

If between the CM1's and FPM's. I would say the CM1's. Design wise, it's closer to the 800 series in construction.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• nimrodasas
      • May 2011

money problem i wish i could buy 803 diamond and put the 804di as rears!
      so i think i'll go for the cm

cm1 or cm5 what do you think steve?

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

CM5. the mid/bass driver is much closer in size to the midrange driver of the 804Di. This will integrate them better. Costs more money, but better integration.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• nimrodasas
          • May 2011

and cm5 is in the same size of 805di... by the way..

Comment

• Rod#S
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by nimrodasas
            money problem i wish i could buy 803 diamond and put the 804di as rears!
            so i think i'll go for the cm

cm1 or cm5 what do you think steve?
            Could you squeeze another pair of 804Di's? What htsteve was suggesting would make an incredibly balanced soundstage.
            B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• nimrodasas
              • May 2011

well i'll need to wait than with the upgrate
              the problem i cant watch movies with out rears

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

?!? you can watch movies with a 2 ch. system too!

is a choice (very personal), but as music lovers at first I go with 2ch. system and than HT.

after year with the HT as priority I choiced a chain with a Great sound/performance in 2 ch. and than the HT.

a pairs of CM5 as rear is enought. In my system I have a 805s as rear but I think is a sin to use the 805 as rear only for movies.... with live concert ok but with some movies they work only at 30% ca.

style

Comment

• dan87951
                  • Nov 2005

CM5's or CM1's will work fine. The most important part is making sure your front 3 match!
                  dan87951
                  audio guru

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

yes, I agree.
                    with a front with b&w serie 8 (804di&htm4di) you have a match perfect and is the first point.

invest money in a rear that on the papier is the top (=805di as rear) will be a personal choice.

Comment

• nimrodasas
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by dan87951
                      CM5's or CM1's will work fine. The most important part is making sure your front 3 match!
                      the famous dan with 803D on youtube?
                      and cm9 before?

Comment

• nimrodasas
                        • May 2011

i think ill go for cm1 for rear and when new b&w 800 series will arrive i will buy the 805 DI and it will cost alot less

Comment

• Antus
                          • Apr 2008

surround sound channel in movies usually don't require high quality stereo speakers. most of the time they are for sound effect only.

CM1 or CM5 will depends on your room size and how far the speaker will be located. if your surround distance is similier to the distance beteen you and front speaker, CM5 will be a better choice. On the other hand, if you place surround right by the side table, CM1 will be better.

The theroy is sound pressure level. CM1 is few dB lower than CM5, for the same power, CM1 will not be as loud as CM5.

If you don't care about the look, 685 will do just fine as home theater surrounds.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"