X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TuiSong
    • Oct 2011

Potentially silly newbie questions

I've always just bought the cheapish boxed set version of things. When i got my first home theatre set up it was the all in one panasonic five speakers and dvd player type deal, so problems with matching components and getting the best set up has never really been an issue. But I recently got a good tax back and decided to break out and I bought myself a Denon AVR 791 (couldn't afford the marantz one I wanted), and b&w 684 and 686 speakers.

My problem is the 686s which I have set up for rear sound, chirrup.. or squeak, not sure how to explain the sound, it is kind of like squeaking polystyrene on a window. If I am sitting close to one I can notice the squeaking as a strange background noise to speech or other higher pitched sounds. the front speakers give clear speech and the rear ones squeak it out, very annoying

What I want to know, is this something that is normal? or is there something wrong with how things are set up that could be causing this, is it an easy fix or should I be taking the speakers back. The speakers are set up about 12 cm away from the wall and set at an angle of about 30 degrees, I can't place them any further into the room. We've run the whole audyssey set up routine a few times. there are times when I just switch them off and stick to plain old stereo because the sound gets so annoying.
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

If only the rear speakers are making the noise, try swapping the ones you know are good and see if you still get the noise. That's definitely not normal.
    -Chuck

Comment

• dukester
      • Sep 2010

Does it happen on all inputs? How is your system connected?
      McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"