X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

rosenut color

i would like to paint some table in my home in rosenut to match to a 804 diamond in rosenut someone knows where i can find to buy this paint
    thanks
  • leej
    • Feb 2009

It would be impossible to find paint that will produce the rosenut finish. This is a process that involves stains and a clear finish, prehaps with some tint to the clear. I suggest looking at a paint store, where someone familiar with wood finishing can help. Then it might take purchasing small amounts of several stains and finishes, so that you can test them on similar wood samples. The wood used could change the outcome by the way the stain acts on it. This type of matching usually requires some skills and a good eye for color.
    On the other hand, if you are looking to paint the table, taking the 804 to the store might be hard. Try printing a picture that you take, or from some ad, comparing the picture to see that the color matches the actual rosenut finish. Take that to the paint store and try to match something that will look good beside the 804's.
    Good luck with your project.
    Lee J

Denon 4311ci; Rotel RB-1080; OPPO BDP-83 Universal Disk/Media Player
    B&W 703 mains; B&W HTM2 Center; B&W CDM SNT-Surr; B&W CDM1nt-back; Pair of Rythmik F15 Subs

Comment

• nimrodasas
      • May 2011

thanks man!

Comment

• stuofsci02
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

Not sure if this interests you, but maybe someone else.

This TV Stand matches the B&W Rosenut perfectly. I have one with my 804s and you would think the color was done by the same company.

It is made by Sonax and is called the Berlin. Mine is 60" long, but I think it also comes in a 48" version. Cost me $339, and is a very solid well build stand, with tons of space for components...

Main System:
        B&W 801D
        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
        Oppo BDP-105
        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
        B&W CM7
        Emotiva UMC-1
        Emotiva UPA-2
        Oppo BDP-83SE
        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• nimrodasas
          • May 2011

no its not for this...
          its a custom made table
          can someone send me the sample of the exectly color so i can go with it to the store
          i didnt get the speakers yet
          but i'm sure not going to take it to store

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Two coats of Minwax Bombay Mahogany on red oak matches Red Cherry perfectly, but that doesn't help you much.

Like Lee said, it took about 6 different colors and 20 different test runs before I found the perfect match.

Kevin D.

Comment

• nimrodasas
              • May 2011

i dont want 100% match i want one color that will be the nearest i can find to the rosenut color

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"