X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

b&w 804 diamond

hey please help i want the a few good option for amp and reciver that are good match for 804 diamond and htm4diamond
    i tought about m6i musical fidlity and lx83
    but its just to way expansive
    i want to stay with pioneer reciver it think
    any tought about other good intgration
    thank....
  • Charlieu
    • Oct 2008

I drove my 804S with a Pioneer Elite SC-07 for over a year. It had more than enough power to make the speaker perform. The only reason I pulled it from my system was that I wanted the room correction and configurability of an Anthem PrePro. I've also had a Denon receiver hooked to them for a short time. I can't remember the model number but it put out about 110W per channel. It worked fine too. I passed that one along to a friend to make room for the Pioneer.

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by nimrodasas
      hey please help i want the a few good option for amp and reciver that are good match for 804 diamond and htm4diamond
      i tought about m6i musical fidlity and lx83
      but its just to way expansive
      i want to stay with pioneer reciver it think
      any tought about other good intgration
      thank....
      I did not listen to the Integra DTR-80.2 9.2-Channel receiver through the 804 Diamonds, but it sounded great through some Focal speakers I heard at a local dealer. I think it has a list price of $2,000.

I'm setting up a new HT system with Marantz AV7005 pre-pro, Marantz MM8003 Amp, B&W 804D & HTM4D, Oppo BDP-95, Panasonic TC-P65VT30, and it sounds great too.

Many dealers have stopped carrying the Pioneer Elite receivers, saying that the quality has gone down hill quickly during the past several years. I just replaced a Pioneer Elite 82TXS which I liked very much, but wanted the new HDMI 1.4 for system compatibility. The Marantz equipment sounds much better than the Pioneer Elite, however.

Comment

• olilugo
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Charlieu
        I drove my 804S with a Pioneer Elite SC-07 for over a year. It had more than enough power to make the speaker perform. The only reason I pulled it from my system was that I wanted the room correction and configurability of an Anthem PrePro. I've also had a Denon receiver hooked to them for a short time. I can't remember the model number but it put out about 110W per channel. It worked fine too. I passed that one along to a friend to make room for the Pioneer.
        what was your experience with the SC-07, compared to you new Anthem pre?
        do they sound similar or is the Anthem that much better in sound quality?

Comment

• Charlieu
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by olilugo
          what was your experience with the SC-07, compared to you new Anthem pre?
          do they sound similar or is the Anthem that much better in sound quality?
          The SC-07 is an excellent receiver. It has plenty of power to drive 804's, very good DACs and a silent noise floor. It has made it's way to my computer room to drive a couple of SVS MBS-01 speakers. Overkill, but I love the receiver.

The Anthem is excellent too. The feature that made me switch is the Anthem ARC room correction system. With ARC you can fine tune the sound to maximize your enjoyment. I believe the better your room is acoustically, the less difference you will hear between the Anthem and the Pioneer. My room is pretty good, but ARC made a difference you didn't have to listen for, it was right out there for everyone to hear. I went from having doubts about my 804s to wondering how any other speaker could sound better. Visits to a few audiophile shows confirmed that I would need a speaker in the 6 figure area to do better.

I should mention that I have a couple of JL Audio Fathom 113s to take care of the low end.

Comment

• nimrodasas
            • May 2011

one member told me i can damage the speaker if i dont have enough
            power can i begin with sc07 for the start and next add integerated?
            i'm talking about 804 diamond if there is a diffrence

Comment

• Charlieu
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by nimrodasas
              one member told me i can damage the speaker if i dont have enough
              power can i begin with sc07 for the start and next add integerated?
              i'm talking about 804 diamond if there is a diffrence
              Your friend is right if your amps are driven to distortion. The 804 is pretty efficient and the SC-07 can output 140W per channel. Where this combo can run into trouble is if you are putting the speakers in a very large room. Think small ballroom. If you are young, think your hearing will last forever, you may have a problem. If you add a subwoofer, you can still blow out your eardrums and not hurt the speakers.

So yes, you can start out with a SC-07 or similar receiver and move to integrated down the line. (And you will, because it's a compulsion that most of us here have.)

Comment

• stuofsci02
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2009

Remember that the SC-07 is a class D amplifier. If you have not heard class D amps before it would be prudent to have a listen first and make sure you are "ok" with the sound. In fact this is a good idea for anything.

I only have experience with Rotels new Class D offerings and I found it did not suit my tastes..

As an alternative you might want to consider a pre/pro like the Marantz AV7005 and add an amp like the Emotiva XPA-5. I think you would get more bang for your buck and have a more flexible upgrade path from there.

Cheers

Stuart
                Main System:
                B&W 801D
                Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                Oppo BDP-105
                Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                B&W CM7
                Emotiva UMC-1
                Emotiva UPA-2
                Oppo BDP-83SE
                Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by Charlieu
                  Your friend is right if your amps are driven to distortion. The 804 is pretty efficient and the SC-07 can output 140W per channel. Where this combo can run into trouble is if you are putting the speakers in a very large room. Think small ballroom. If you are young, think your hearing will last forever, you may have a problem. If you add a subwoofer, you can still blow out your eardrums and not hurt the speakers.

So yes, you can start out with a SC-07 or similar receiver and move to integrated down the line. (And you will, because it's a compulsion that most of us here have.)
                  I downloaded a SPL meter for m IPAD and use it to monitor my listening levels when I turn up my music to a louder level. To protect my ears I now generally try to keep the music down below 100 db or if it goes over 100 db it is only for a few songs. The cost of the app was $0.99 :T

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

The B&W804di is a very amazing spaeker. I had this model for a month at my home....is a very (with the 805di) upgrade from new models B&W.
                    now I have the 802di and is very better vs the 802d ....for me and my setup.

the Pioneer Susano (in europa) was a very BIG delusion. My freind have buied this last in cloased box. (to replace a "old" Rotel 1068 and rmb1075)
                    at the end the Susano is go in your bedriim with a kit 5.1 from kef.... 8O :cry:
                    and he have the Rotel 1570 with the 1575....

I have too the spl from Apple :B

the 804di is the perfect speaker, not too big, with very transpart, stable fast sound. I had the 803di too and is a good speaker but the 804 is better.

@beden: the panasonic is at the level from the kuro? I have say you that was a great product, and I hope you are satisfait.

style

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"