• Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

b&w speakers

hi all, i need an advice i dont know what to do:
    i would like to buy b&w 800 series but i cant decide between 804 and 803
    and htm4 and htm2
    its cost allot of money and i cant decide if its "enough" to buy 804 diamond
    and htm4d..
    i dont want to find myself upgrade my system again...
    any tought please...
    should i wait and take the 803?
    sould i take anyway htm2d?

i cant listen to it head to head here is my country - i heared only 804 diamond
    and i like it..
    thanks
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Its a matter of priorities and money.

803's with htmd2 is much better than the 804s with a htm4. But expenses to amps and more make the 803's a lot more expensive.

Really, the sky is the limit. If I were you, I would set a budget, buy the best you can get and then be settled with that. There is always something better and more expensive.

.. Now I took my own advice, only, I somehow doubled the budget along the way.. dont do that..
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• nimrodasas
      • May 2011

skyblue
      i talked about di 803 di and htm4di

i can get it in about more 5500$ this 803d and htm2d
      both..
      is it worth it?

Comment

• nimrodasas
        • May 2011

and last question if i decide 803d with htm2d and m6 and lx85
        can i buy it with few parts?
        maybe m6 and 803 for a while..?
        or somthing like that
        sorry for my english

Comment

• Skyblue
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by nimrodasas
          skyblue
          i talked about di 803 di and htm4di

i can get it in about more 5500$ this 803d and htm2d
          both..
          is it worth it?
          I did too

Whether its worth it is really up to you. I started out with the goal of getting 803di's. Then I heard 802di's and 800di's. I Got the 802di's and now I have 800dis.

Is it worth it? To me it is. Many other people would rather get a car
          B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• nimrodasas
            • May 2011

i dont know what to do i tought about 600 series raised to cm and now 800..
            lucky there is no 900 series

Comment

• Skyblue
              • Jun 2009

i dont know what to do i tought about 600 series raised to cm and now 800..
              lucky there is no 900 series
              This is the dilemma of the audio hobby. My advice is to buy the Best 2 Channel system you Can afford, and never ever listen to anything more expensive.

.. The 800s are not the best speakers either. Then there is custom built rooms/buildings, dedicated powerlines... It never ends

Comment

• nimrodasas
                • May 2011

so in you opinion i need try hard buying 803 diamond...

how much does it cost in us?
                i'm intresting...

Comment

• Skyblue
                  • Jun 2009

so in you opinion i need try hard buying 803 diamond...

how much does it cost in us?
                  i'm intresting...
                  I dont actually know what they cost in the us. MSRP says $10.000.
                  Here in Denmark they are quite expensive, around $13.000.

Comment

• Charlieu
                    • Oct 2008

I went with 804's years ago when I was in the same position as you. I have had no regrets. I've added a couple of excellent subs and spent the money (and time) to get my room right. I don't live in front of my speakers as I have other hobbies and activities that I like to do too. Think about that and then decide how much of your income you want to dedicate to speakers.

Comment

• nimrodasas
                      • May 2011

i have good price for about more 3000$ i can get it...
                      i want to buy once with no regrets
                      i hope i'll do the right choice

Comment

• beden1
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2006

i have good price for about more 3000$ i can get it...
                        i want to buy once with no regrets
                        i hope i'll do the right choice
                        $3,000 for 803 Diamonds?

Comment

• emig5m
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Charlieu
                          I went with 804's years ago when I was in the same position as you. I have had no regrets. I've added a couple of excellent subs and spent the money (and time) to get my room right. I don't live in front of my speakers as I have other hobbies and activities that I like to do too. Think about that and then decide how much of your income you want to dedicate to speakers.
                          ^^ This. I could have any B&W speaker I want, if I REALLY wanted it. But why only have one hobby? This is my latest craze getting older and making the transition from motocross....

215 horsepower supercharged Seadoo! Hell yea! But they're not cheap! That was a discounted leftover and it was a little northwards of $11,000 not to mention around $35 in fuel every time I take it out. But it's fun and I love it! Need a good outdoor hobby for the summer months IMO! :T The 804S is the most I'm willing to spend on speakers, and that's including the 20% off I got. I wouldn't have paid full retail and would of went used otherwise! I'd rather be outdoors during good weather, and then have a decent and good enough system for when I'm stuck indoors like today when it's raining or in the winter when it's freezing. And call me crazy, but I've actually been thinking lately about downgrading my speakers.

For the type of music I mainly listen to, I feel like my speakers are too good and going to waste. For well recorded instrumentals or vocals they can't be beat, but for a lot of crappy recorded pop music they only make the flaws stick out more! Only thing making me keep them is how good the 804S and HTM3S match and make such a nice front end for movies.... Originally bought them for music but lovin' them for movies right now. But I could seriously be happy with 685's all the way around! :E Just think I'd miss those FST mids for those rare times I do happen to be listening to some well recorded music! If you're spending the big bucks on high end B&W's, hope you listen to a lot of well recorded instrumental and vocals which I think is their strongest point! Otherwise, if not buying for looks and build quality, might be better to stick with 600/CM series IMO. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"