X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPACEMANRICK
    • May 2005

New 800D speakers at Abbey Road

A very short story from auodiophilia with a nice picture of the studio with 3 800DI speakers in front of the mixing panel...

• Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

"state of the art analogue console"

Thats very interesting at a time when folks say there are now so few analogue studios out there. It makes perfect sense. Any ordinary Joe can buy an inexpensive DA / AD converter and record with a Mac in his toilet or in his back paddock (ie pretty much anywhere). How is a studio going to keep the punters coming back for more if they don't offer a sufficiently different service. Solution = analogue.

I went to have a squiz at Abbey Rd while I was in London last year, but of course they don't let you inside unless you are a paying customer with a record to cut.

I loved watching a local tradie goin' off at a group of young tourists standing at The Crossing He was legally obliged to stop but they refused to cross until it was clear of traffic so they could take their Beatles photo. (I took great pleasure in J walking just to be different)

LIVE http://www.abbeyroad.com/visit/
    Attached Files
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Rod#S
      • Oct 2010

Interesting picture, the 3 speakers seem to be placed so close to the walls as to be almost touching them. I thought the rule of thumb to getting the most of the speakers was to position them away from any walls, i.e back and side??
      B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Guess that depends on the material on the walls. That appears to be the dead end of the room with absorbing materials and large bass traps in the corners, although there is a door there also.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"