X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Abbey Road Studios

I thought those of you who know that Abbey Road Studios which have B&W 800D's and 801D's and 802D's driven biamped by Classe Amps would be interested to know a little history about the Studios.

I had not realised that it had such a rich history. I thought it was something to do with the Beatles and was "their" studio or something, until the other day when I bought a recording of the famous pianist Lippati palying Grieg recorded at Abbey Road Studio's in 1949.

This stirred my interest and looked in to the history of Abbey road further to find so many great artists performing there since it was created by the Gramaphone Company in 1931.

From Star Wars to the Trilogy to Cliff Richard and The Beatles and Pink Floyd and so many more including greats like lipatti.

Here's a link if you would like to read more:

or go their website direct:

Attached Files
    Last edited by misterdoggy; 02 September 2006, 06:02 Saturday.
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Very interesting site Sir Doggy.

I notice that in the mastering tech specs they also list the Matrix 801 and Matrix 805. This would of course be referring to the pre-nautilus models rather than a special edition to commemorate the matrix trilogy.

"How long will my B&Ws last" could be answered here. One of the worlds top recording studios is using approx 10 year old 800 series B&Ws in an exacting commercial environment.

Looks like Abbey Road has less upgraditus that most punters on this site.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• misterdoggy
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Briz

They already have updated to 800's D series with Classe Cam 400's in January

Here's the article

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"