X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blues
    • Feb 2011

B&W Fail

I purchased a pair of new 683's about 2 years ago and when I got them home soon realized that one speaker was putting out more sound than the other. After some troubleshooting I came to the conclusion that one of the speakers had a midrange that was not working at all.
    Took the speaker back to the store where I purchased it and they guy immediately started wrenching on it and found a loose wire inside the box and secured it. Needless to say we were both a little surprised by all this.
    Well, long story short, the issue is back again and giving a little tap on the side of the speaker gets the sound to come back for awhile, but it eventually goes dead again.
    What to do? Should I open er back up and see if I can locate the wire, or call the store?
    I know for a fact that the 683's were one of the speaker lines that B&W started having built in China to keep costs down, but this is kinda silly....
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Then I would say that you should send this message to B&W instead.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• ray5
      • Dec 2008

Blues,
      Call the dealer and/or B&W. They will take care of this.I hope I did not mis-understand you but hope you are not suggesting that just because it was manufactured in China it is inferior.

Comment

• Mrjammer
        • Sep 2008

I've had my 683s for three years with literally thousands of hours on them and they sound fabulous - no problems at all.
        No company can be perfect with everything. I bet B&Ws warranty rate is very low, however.
        Mrjammer

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

Do not open them up yourself as you will void the waranty.Take them to your dealer who is authorized to do repairs or contact B&W.

When I had the 683's I never had a problem with them.Wonderful speakers. :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"