X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgbyhkr
    • Sep 2009

Zeppelin Air now available for order in the Apple Store

For those interested, I just saw the Zeppelin Air pop up in the Apple store:

Jeff
  • BdoUK
    • Sep 2007

I'm hoping that Magnolia carries the new Zeppelin Air as I have a ton of Reward Zone points I'd like to use.

The new Zeppelin will serve as my sound system in my master bedroom. Air functionality is amazingly seamless and I can't wait to get my hands on the new Zeppelin!

Comment

• brushrop03
      • Feb 2011

Ditto. That way I can use my discount :T

Comment

• Hammie
        • Oct 2005

The only downside is that Apple Airplay downsamples everything to 16/44.1kHz so any hi-res audio files will not be enjoyed in its fully state. However, if you stream directly from your computer and not an iPod, iPhone, or iPad, you MAY get higher resolution audio files. I am not sure whether the Zeppelin supports the higher res audio files.

Not sure if this important, but it is what it is.

BTW, I'd get one if I did not already have the original Zeppelin.
        Panasonic TC-P65VT30
        Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
        Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
        Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
        B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
        Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
        My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
        Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Hammie
          The only downside is that Apple Airplay downsamples everything to 16/44.1kHz so any hi-res audio files will not be enjoyed in its fully state. Not sure if this important, but it is what it is. BTW, I'd get one if I did not already have the original Zeppelin.
          Well for now that is all you can do anyway!! May be soon Apple will release 24 bit then we will see :B
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• rgbyhkr
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BdoUK
            I'm hoping that Magnolia carries the new Zeppelin Air as I have a ton of Reward Zone points I'd like to use.
            They will have it. Apple Stores have an exclusive for something like 6 weeks. After that everyone else including B&W dealers and Magnolia stores will get it.

Originally posted by Hammie
            I am not sure whether the Zeppelin supports the higher res audio files.
            From the B&W Air site:

"On Zeppelin Air all inputs are up-sampled through the audiophile-quality 96kHz/24bit DAC, including wireless music using AirPlay®...There’s also the option for studio quality 24bit audio via the optical input."

Jeff

Comment

• BdoUK
              • Sep 2007

Needless to say I couldn't wait for Best Buy to get the Zeppelin Air...

Found this one at my local Apple Store. So far it sounds great. The AirPlay functionality works as advertised. However make sure you follow the setup instructions exactly and use the included ethernet cable. I tried to use the ethernet cable running from my PC to the router and had issues initially.

More impressions to come .

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"