X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bows3r
    • Jul 2010

How should I calibrate my setup?

Hi,

I have 805 diamonds in front which are 88db sensitivity and XT4's in back which are 86db sensitivity. Should I try to add some dB's to back since the 805's are more sensitive?

I tried XT4's in front and noticed that I had to put much more volume to get the same result than with 805's. Setup is Rotel RSP-1570 & RMB-1075 amplifier.

Thanks for answers,

Mika.

Ps. I use 2 channel with music. XT4's come to life with movies.
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Mika,

A fairly simple and relatively inexpensive thing to do is get a sound meter. I prefer an analog meter.

You would then need some test tones to measure each spekaer output at the listenening position. This process will tell you whether to add or take away Db's for each speaker.

Many processors come with their own test tones. However, my experience is that good calibration disks have better test tones. And calibration disks also have video adjustments in them. So you could do a whole system.

Here are some links for products to consider. Hopefully you can find something comparable in Finland.

These assume you have Blu Ray:

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by htsteve; 19 February 2011, 21:23 Saturday.

Comment

• Olavi
      • Feb 2010

Moi Mika,

Marek Sound in Helsinki sells radioshack meters http://www.mareks.fi/tuotteet/radios...naloginen.html

You can also find spl meter apps for smart phones however these are not as accurate as the real thing, but doesn't hurt to try them out, right?

Hope this helps!
      Last edited by Olavi; 19 February 2011, 18:10 Saturday.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"