X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian1975
    • Apr 2009

Cap around the diamond tweeter

Hi,

My two years old son just pull the magnetic cap around the diamond tweeter, did he broke anything or it's just normal that it's removable. I tried to pull out the cap on another speaker, it's not that easy.
    I'm having doubts...

Thanks

Ian
  • garak
    • Jul 2007

Don't worry, it's normal. The cap is not attached to anything, just held on through magnetism.

Comment

• emig5m
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by garak
      Don't worry, it's normal. The cap is not attached to anything, just held on through magnetism.
      Is that the same magnetism that attracts people to the tweeters? My uncle came over the other day and starts to grab and lean on my one 804S (grabbing the tweeter). A friend of mine grabbed at it asking if it was a microphone and if I had become a singer... you walk into Best Buy and all the domes are pressed in... Maybe the metal grill caps should be hooked to direct 110v for instant speaker sodomy correction. :rofl:

I'm actually no saint myself, I have a problem with always wanting to tap on and feel a woofers suspension action. :rofl:

Comment

• baniels
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by emig5m
        I have a problem with always wanting to tap on and feel a woofers suspension action. :rofl:
        I'm with you there.
        •L&R Build•
        •Sub Build•

Comment

• mrciave
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by emig5m
          Is that the same magnetism that attracts people to the tweeters? My uncle came over the other day and starts to grab and lean on my one 804S (grabbing the tweeter). A friend of mine grabbed at it asking if it was a microphone and if I had become a singer... you walk into Best Buy and all the domes are pressed in... Maybe the metal grill caps should be hooked to direct 110v for instant speaker sodomy correction. :rofl:

I'm actually no saint myself, I have a problem with always wanting to tap on and feel a woofers suspension action. :rofl:
          Actually a friend of mine tried to REMOVE it from the speaker, I felt some killer instinct I never knew was in me :M .

As a result, the two tweeters do not feel exactly the same suspended anymore, but don't know before, maybe it's normal tolerance... Luckily there's no change in sound, at the end it's just some rubber holding them.
          2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

The grills on the Diamond series are all secured with magnets.
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• audiofiel10
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mrciave
              Actually a friend of mine tried to REMOVE it from the speaker, I felt some killer instinct I never knew was in me :M .

As a result, the two tweeters do not feel exactly the same suspended anymore, but don't know before, maybe it's normal tolerance... Luckily there's no change in sound, at the end it's just some rubber holding them.
              Maybe we should start putting those signs you see in museums by our speakers "please do not touch"

Comment

• stuofsci02
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2009

Now that my 804s are downstairs in my theater room I can gaurd them when guests come over.

My CM7s which are upstairs in the living room are another story. I have only had them about 4 months and three times my inlaws have knocked the magnetic grills off (that is at least once every three visits). Now they come off pretty easy, but you have to actually rub up against the speaker to make it happen.

The funny part is I have a 3.5 year old daughter who is always running around and she has never touched any of my speakers or stereo equipment.
                Main System:
                B&W 801D
                Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                Oppo BDP-105
                Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                B&W CM7
                Emotiva UMC-1
                Emotiva UPA-2
                Oppo BDP-83SE
                Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• mrciave
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                  The grills on the Diamond series are all secured with magnets.
                  The guy tried to remove the whole tweeter and housing assembly, not just the grille! He also said "Isn't it a microphone"?
                  2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2006

The guy tried to remove the whole tweeter and housing assembly, not just the grille! He also said "Isn't it a microphone"?
                    I understand the temptation.
                    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• stuofsci02
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009

Thats how you get black listed in my house...
                      Main System:
                      B&W 801D
                      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                      Oppo BDP-105
                      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                      B&W CM7
                      Emotiva UMC-1
                      Emotiva UPA-2
                      Oppo BDP-83SE
                      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

What a moron...

I know people come to my home, I just tell them please don't touch the speakers they are very fragile
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• azazel
                          • Dec 2010

Yeah, I had some idiot freind of my wife come round and pull on my tweeter saying "is it a microphone?" Some one once said about my matrix 801, "why do you have washing machines in the lounge?" and "do they need that head on top?" Clearly he didnt need his head on top....Also another guy who used to put his books on my 801 and slouch all over them. I told him to leave them alone in the end.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"