X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerardhn
    • Jun 2005

A new black 802 di baby is born ...

See the action picture where the old ones are being replaced......
    terrific, horrifying dynamics already, all reviews are true.... and that after 1 day burning in....!!!!
    Attached Files
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Congratulations! I'd love to see a slightly higher res version of that pic
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• gerardhn
      • Jun 2005

mjb we are limited to 100 kB.!!
      ......!!!
      here I resized one just to 95kB...

indeed the shining power of the original pic is gone ..
      Attached Files

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Excellent! A system to be proud of. Do you do anything to treat the room, other than the thick rug? Glass and tiles are my problem too, and I'm thinking about wife friendly ways to tame it. I don't even want to ask how much better the di's sound in case I get upgradeitus!
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• gerardhn
          • Jun 2005

Mike,

Shall I help you? Dont do it. It cost money and all your time! You want to hear all your cd's again! They are so big jump upwards..

Comment

• ninja12
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by gerardhn
            terrific, horrifying dynamics already, all reviews are true.... and that after 1 day burning in....!!!!
            Congratulations!!!!!!! I hope you continue to enjoy your new toys. :T

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2006

Nice. My transition is messier.

Kal
              Attached Files
              Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Birdy
                • Mar 2006

Why is there a dead body in front of the black one??????

(Congrats on the new babies :T :T :T :T :T )
                (Still don't dare to listen to the new ones.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: )

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                  • May 2005

Beautiful pictures everyone, I am jealous! What specific electronics are you running Gerardhn?

Comment

• HedgeHog
                    • Dec 2008

Congrats! Good to see I'm not alone in hearing the immediate sound difference.

Enjoy it.

-H
                    Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                    Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                    B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                    Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                    Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• scanido
                      • Apr 2006

I love mine!

Piano Black looks beautiful!

Comment

• scanido
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson

Kal

Kal, how are you liking the MC303 on the 800 Diamonds?

Thinking about the MC303 or the newer MMC601 mono's for my 802 Diamonds.

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Kal
                          Cool when do we get the review!!
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• gerardhn
                            • Jun 2005

this is the best investment i did!!!!
                            B&W is stupid in one aspect!!
                            but they did it themselves..
                            they changed the name from 802 d-----> 802 di
                            that looks small
                            so everyone thinks ... hmmm cosmetics... d---> di, i skip this
                            believe me... (like german magazines).... this is other class
                            maybe bigger than the introduction of the previous diamond tweeter.
                            i am sometimes afraid, shocked, look up surprized to my babies, by the dynamics , clarity, of albums I know for 40 years!!
                            buy them , before B&W raises prize,

Comment

• style
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Feb 2006

hoi gerardhn,
                              I have the 803Di placed at front and the 803D as surround:
                              the new DI is amazing.transparen, clean, powerfull, ALL!!! :T

the LF dont' hae a boomy effect like the "D" serie and not only with the 803 but with the complety serei.

with te new Classe amplifier (very fast, maybe too much analitycal..depend the source..) you go have a fabulous combo !!!

of course with the new cp800 (just arrive in Europa) you go have a really high end system.
                              the new cp800 is another world vs. the cp700!!!

Style

Comment

• gerardhn
                                • Jun 2005

Hi my 1/2 dutch speaking Style

Happy you join.

Unlike Switserland, in Holland there are no money trees or mountains!
                                You advice me to buy cp 800 and ca 2300 without tears in your eyes directly after spending upgrade money for this???
                                I made one mistake, I never married a rich woman either.
                                On classe forum I would like to continue about classe with you.

I thought you listened 802di as well???
                                It suits better your level! During installing my new black 802 di babies, my dealer said the 803 was the speaker that improved the least off all new models!!!!

Comment

• style
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Feb 2006

gerardhn,

i'm not a rockfeller!! and today with the change from Euro -> Zwitserland francs or you have a LOT of money or NL , DE, CH..we are all in the same boot!

the new Di serie is amazing at first with the 805di and 804di: the really new jewels from B&W!. the 803 and 802 have a improvement not little... I'm going the my freind the B&W in Zürich: listen the new model from speakers and amplifier. the new CA-CT with Ict technologie are very great and not a little "personal plaesure"!!
                                  I had the old 802D and than the 803DI : I have choice the 803DI. no doubt, are very different the 2 line and the more sold B&W speakers is the 804DI. (in europe)
                                  from the 802di and the 800di : the 802di is the top for my "little home and liked performance"!

personally the new black B&W is not so good like the piano black from other brands! from brand with a price from a 1/3 from B&W!

A cp700 second is sure - today - available for ca. €. 4000? vs. the full price from 8000.-? from a cp800 -> minder a discount max. €. 6000.-! :
                                  make sense go with the cp700? for me no. and i go wait a half year more and buy the new pre and not waste my money for the 700....

Comment

• scanido
                                    • Apr 2006

803S -> 802 Diamond

803S to 802 Diamond was a night and day difference for me!

I've grown to love the silhouette of the 803S so a natural upgrade would be the 803 Diamond, but i wanted a much larger audible difference to make the upgrade worthwhile so the 802 Diamond was the easy decision. The looks are definitely growing on me but the sound out of these speaker was worth every penny!

Comment

• Birdy
                                      • Mar 2006

Gerardhn,

Remember you opened a thread about 802 price devaluation, obviously you found that the trade was well worth.

Did you get a better deal from your dealer or did you sell yourself?

Birdy

Comment

• gerardhn
                                        • Jun 2005

Birdy,

This transaction was via the dealer, the dealer that made best offer.
                                        Sure it costs money. more as the 3k as were mentioned by some in that discussion. Anyway I had the cash available and decided to spend it "at my age".
                                        Gerard

Comment

• Birdy
                                          • Mar 2006

Birdy,

This transaction was via the dealer, the dealer that made best offer.
                                          Sure it costs money. more as the 3k as were mentioned by some in that discussion. Anyway I had the cash available and decided to spend it "at my age".
                                          Gerard
                                          Know the feeling, bought myself a nice car a few years ago after a visit to the cardiologist.....

Comment

• Birdy
                                            • Mar 2006

Gerardhn,

If I see well, you changed just your speakers; room is same as before, electronics are same as before, cable are same as before?, you are same as before :P .

So you're in a perfect situation to talk about the differences due only to the change of speakers. Would you care to elaborate a bit what are your feelings.

The more I read the more it seems more a revolution rather than an evolution.
                                            What's you analysis?

Birdy

Comment

• gerardhn
                                              • Jun 2005

Birdy,

I can confirm what in the magazines has been written. But to put it into my thinking/writing.
                                              The marlan head presence changed the most. Voices/guitar/hi hats/back instruments are so open, clearly separated, tonally more rich. Bass is already good, but Iám not allowed to judge about that. Dealer said, the bass units need at least 200 hour! Diamond is directly ok, kevlar some days. Can confirm this.
                                              Believe me: when these babies it is fun, better said you feel a must to listen your cd's all again, because there are new things to discover from what you already knew.
                                              I think: on our experience level, thats a shocking statement! So if I say shocking, yes the word revolution fits.
                                              It brings also FM radio listening to higher level. But difference CD vs FM greater now.
                                              So Birdy, If I were you I would visit the doctor (in this case your B&W dealer) and do an ear test!
                                              Regards,
                                              Gerard.

Comment

• jericho
                                                • Dec 2004

Kal

I like those two cat's in front of the McIntosh

Regards

Comment

• Sasha99
                                                  • Dec 2010

Hi Kal
                                                  It looks like 800Di review is coming up???????

Kal

Comment

• Sasha99
                                                    • Dec 2010

Cp 800

Style
                                                    Did you acctualy hear CP 800 in Switzerland?
                                                    They are not available in Canada yet (although they are made in Canada!).
                                                    I am shopping for the preamp this days, replacing my old CAP 151.
                                                    Is it worth to wait fro CP 800 or to go for used CP 700.
                                                    If you have heard it could you please elaborate on the sound difference between the 2.

Thanks
                                                    Sasha

Canada

Originally posted by style
                                                    gerardhn,

i'm not a rockfeller!! and today with the change from Euro -> Zwitserland francs or you have a LOT of money or NL , DE, CH..we are all in the same boot!

the new Di serie is amazing at first with the 805di and 804di: the really new jewels from B&W!. the 803 and 802 have a improvement not little... I'm going the my freind the B&W in Zürich: listen the new model from speakers and amplifier. the new CA-CT with Ict technologie are very great and not a little "personal plaesure"!!
                                                    I had the old 802D and than the 803DI : I have choice the 803DI. no doubt, are very different the 2 line and the more sold B&W speakers is the 804DI. (in europe)
                                                    from the 802di and the 800di : the 802di is the top for my "little home and liked performance"!

personally the new black B&W is not so good like the piano black from other brands! from brand with a price from a 1/3 from B&W!

A cp700 second is sure - today - available for ca. €. 4000? vs. the full price from 8000.-? from a cp800 -> minder a discount max. €. 6000.-! :
                                                    make sense go with the cp700? for me no. and i go wait a half year more and buy the new pre and not waste my money for the 700....

Comment

• style
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Feb 2006

hallo Sasha99,

yes I have listen the CP800 in Zürich at the Classé Ag in Schrieren (a little place near Zürich where Classé/B&W/Rotel have the main house..)

This cp800 was a device for testing and not for sale. ( ∼ as a prtotype)

don't was present for a more interesting test a cp700 side by side ....

the cp800 in using is more faster to change source, very intuitive and easy to use.
                                                      the sound is very great. (set was cp800, new 802di, a ct2300 and cdp202)
                                                      with the new ampli all the frequency are very "used" without noise or distorsion.
                                                      very apprecied is the possibility to listen music at "low level" and after one hour dont is "hard for the ear..."; is little but give a transparence and clean sound (maybe a thank to the news Tweeters from the speakers ..) but is a product "for the future". have this usb frnt and rear but have a different use of each other(rear and front) .
                                                      at the front the new "liquid music" work ine with a single&simple ipod.
                                                      With the CD player the sound is very nice (cdp202) perhaps with a tube player, the sound gets much hotter but personal taste...

for me pay wait the cp800. in europe a used cp700 (in good condiction) will be around 2k. more expensive vs. the cp800 and I prefere wait and go with the new...
                                                      the XLR input 3x on the rear are a surprise: is a 2 channel but this 3 input can be used in intelligent ways: classé have sure a soft in the hat for a great imprement for the pre.

one thing missing might be the power Separet: very common in high-end devices.

style

Comment

• Sasha99
                                                        • Dec 2010

Thank you Style

How do you "price" the quality of that DAC inside of CP 800?
                                                        In your opinion, where is it price-value wise?
                                                        1000 dollar DAC or more, or less.

Sasha

hallo Sasha99,

yes I have listen the CP800 in Zürich at the Classé Ag in Schrieren (a little place near Zürich where Classé/B&W/Rotel have the main house..)

This cp800 was a device for testing and not for sale. ( ∼ as a prtotype)

don't was present for a more interesting test a cp700 side by side ....

the cp800 in using is more faster to change source, very intuitive and easy to use.
                                                        the sound is very great. (set was cp800, new 802di, a ct2300 and cdp202)
                                                        with the new ampli all the frequency are very "used" without noise or distorsion.
                                                        very apprecied is the possibility to listen music at "low level" and after one hour dont is "hard for the ear..."; is little but give a transparence and clean sound (maybe a thank to the news Tweeters from the speakers ..) but is a product "for the future". have this usb frnt and rear but have a different use of each other(rear and front) .
                                                        at the front the new "liquid music" work ine with a single&simple ipod.
                                                        With the CD player the sound is very nice (cdp202) perhaps with a tube player, the sound gets much hotter but personal taste...

for me pay wait the cp800. in europe a used cp700 (in good condiction) will be around 2k. more expensive vs. the cp800 and I prefere wait and go with the new...
                                                        the XLR input 3x on the rear are a surprise: is a 2 channel but this 3 input can be used in intelligent ways: classé have sure a soft in the hat for a great imprement for the pre.

one thing missing might be the power Separet: very common in high-end devices.

style

Comment

• style
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Feb 2006

Sasha99,

to make this question simply I say xou: the CP700 sund like a SSP800
                                                          -> and i not my opinion but the opinion of the Classé: my friend is not a simply employed but the chef for this big brand!

The dac inside the cp800 is a not entry level model: I had the cp700 in my home and the cdp102:
                                                          Classe say me use the Dac from the SSP and the cdp102 as simply transporter!!!! = I can understand that the cdp102-Dac's is not a superb dac...

the dac from the cp800 is sure superior at the cp700 but is too true that the cp800 dac give the maximun with the digital source.....
                                                          how much in money? wow not easy.

I go have a rendez vous with Classé next week i can pose this question and I give more info.

sende my a PM.

what is your actually setup?

style
                                                          Last edited by style; 06 February 2011, 19:52 Sunday.

Comment

• gerardhn
                                                            • Jun 2005

Style,

are you sure you can find a used cp 700 for 2K?
                                                            (you write that above)

Comment

• style
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Feb 2006

EDIT:

gerardhn,

sorry but 2k for a cp700 is not possibible

I say that a used cp700 is available for around 4500-5000euros. (like new - demo, for a 2hand cp700 with a 2-4 years work sure minus...

the new cp800 is annoncent for 8000 euros (brouchure price) with a discount
                                                              for Euro.6000.- you can have a new cp800.

Comment

• gerardhn
                                                                • Jun 2005

Style,

did you follow STEREO (I assume your german is good) and read about Accustic Art? pre and end

If you want I can send you copies...

Than we should forget "Classe" ....

Comment

• style
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Feb 2006

Hoi gerardhn,

I like Accustic Art. Is sure a great brand, new (is born in the "last years" vs. Calsse, Mc,..) with very high end products and for the level (quality-performance) in not too much expensive.

a great "combo" pre in with tube called pre amp tube II and a ampli AMPII you go have a very high level system. sure.
                                                                  I go buy the Stereo Zeitung but I have read in another (and older Audio test)
                                                                  from the very good performance from the AMPII .
                                                                  A.Arts say 2x 260watt. the germany test say 2x 197watt but very liner, no "noise or others". the AMPII have a great constrution: 160,000 µF power supply is much and the sound deliverd from the ampli is really amazing.
                                                                  with the pre tubeII or the more "simply" preamp I mk3 is without doubt a goooood choice!!!
                                                                  I agree with you.
                                                                  well with speak in stereo: HT is Classe a level up.(well A.Arts dont have a HT system

You have a CA2200&CP500.
                                                                  sell the combo and you go have 2/3 to buy the ampII. : the pre and a cd player and is extra.....
                                                                  in Zwitserland is only one A.Arts "dealer": but pay before and than the "piece" will be ordered =buy in close box.

the new CA/Ct2300 from Classe is a product very fine, the AMP II is too a ampli (for me is more expensice go with a AMPiivs. a CA/CT2300)
                                                                  but I can you undestand. AArts work very fine with B&W and if you will go with Arts at first the pre:not the Classe cp800 but the pre ampII tube.
                                                                  the ampli AMPII is one of the little alterative of the Classe.
                                                                  Mc is not a good chioce (MY personaly taste!), a PassLabs x250.5/350.5 is more expensive and not better vs. the AMPII.

gerardhn, a classe combo like CP800 and a CA2300 with your B&W802Di
                                                                  is sure not a entry level system, a lot of other brands are availabe one part more expesi the others ca. at the same price.
                                                                  A.Arts is one of the best chioce.

is too a $$$ question!

Style

Comment

• style
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Feb 2006

Comment

• gerardhn
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jun 2005

Style!
                                                                      Nice ..i see the AA.
                                                                      BTW I sold 500 some month ago and yesterday 2200.
                                                                      So I must have something new....
                                                                      AA? Classe??

Comment

• wettou
                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2006

Is that your house :T
                                                                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                          • 1562

:cry: no, at today no!!!!

I go have MY house next yaer :T

in this picture, like you see, a lot of diffusor fo the soud are right posed!:
                                                                          no absorber only diffusor...
                                                                          but is amazing or??

style

Comment

• Canuck525
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Sep 2010
                                                                            • 31

I have the 800 diamonds and in my opinion they are simply an incredible speaker. I think sales will really take off when people hear these things properly set up. They are very very good. Make sure to have big kick amps amps driving them.I am using a pair of Bryston 7b sst2 mono blocks and they made a noticeable improvement over the Bryston 4b sst( which already sounded good).

In about 6 months I plan to get the Esoteric K-01 cd/sacd player.

Comment

• Cruxis
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Feb 2007
                                                                              • 30

#39
                                                                              I have no doubt they're incredible speakers. But due to the price and the space they require, I don't see them becoming a huge seller. I guess that's the beauty of having multiple ranges of speakers, they don't need to rely on any one range, or one model, to make or break them.

Comment

• style
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Feb 2006
                                                                                • 1562

#40
                                                                                I agree with Cruxis.

the B&W 802diamont is the most attractive :T :T

greetings style

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • May 2005
                                                                                  • 2649

#41
                                                                                  I love a good shag pile*.

*The rug.

Comment

• style
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2006
                                                                                    • 1562

#42
                                                                                    And give at the room one very good sound!

better than panels & similar ! :E :E :E

Comment

• mrciave
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2010
                                                                                      • 105

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Canuck525
                                                                                      I have the 800 diamonds and in my opinion they are simply an incredible speaker. I think sales will really take off when people hear these things properly set up. They are very very good. Make sure to have big kick amps amps driving them.I am using a pair of Bryston 7b sst2 mono blocks and they made a noticeable improvement over the Bryston 4b sst( which already sounded good).

In about 6 months I plan to get the Esoteric K-01 cd/sacd player.
                                                                                      WOW! With async USB, it's gonna kick!

But it went from 15keur of X01LTD to 19900keur in Italy:-( You must be veeeery rich...
                                                                                      2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

Working...
                                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                      Search Result for "|||"