X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • victoon
    • Jan 2010

baby speakers for our new baby

I just finished some small speakers, right in time for our new baby (born July 7th). all but the last coat of finish before our baby was born. yesterday I finally had the time to finsh them. and my baby has been enjoying them since. the design (Hi-Vi B3S Single Driver System) comes from John Krutke (zaph audio). they are fully broken in yet. but so far pretty happy with the sound.

the top/bottom/sides are made of 1/2 bb plywood. the baffle and back are 3/4 bb ply. each enlcosure was clamped at once. all joints are recessed butt joints. baffle were rounded with a 3/4 bit. all other edges got a slight chamfer. I build four of them this time. this is the most mistake-free build I have done so far. I worked hard on the finish. two coats of oil/varinish with wet sanding on the second coat. five coats of wiping poly thinly wipped on with methods from french polish. rubbed out with maroon scotch brite and then steel wool. then a final coat of wax.

• DeathMonk
    • Jun 2008

Nice, simple aesthetics. Looks great.

Comment

• Wheels
      • Oct 2008

congrats on the speakers and the baby. July 7th is a great day for a bday, but I might be a little biased

Comment

• dawg1161
        • May 2006

A great job.....Well done......Congrats also in order.....

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"