X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Art Vanderlay
    The measurement was taken at a distance of 0.5m, slightly below the tweeter, which seems to be the optimum height for these speakers. I've attached the room averaged response - as measured by Dirac Live across the full width of the sofa and at heights slightly above and below ear level. Note the suck-out at 2-3kHz which is due to the sofa itself, and also the presence of a room mode at 40Hz.

I use Dirac to correct the 40Hz room mode but I now limit the correction window to 100Hz because the full bandwidth correction seemed to impart some graininess at HF. And yes, I still need a new sofa.

Try spreading your measurements out a bit more, and move the curve to match a dip at around 4khz if you have one, that's how I got my 802 Diamonds at their best with Dirac
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• tanwn
      • Jul 2004

Can someone give me an indication of the price of a dealer demo set of 800d2. What reasonable price should I be looking at. TIA

Comment

• Freddie40
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by windshear
        Ouch, what is happening at just past 800Hz?

I only measured up to 800hz instead of all of the way. Sorry.

Dave
        Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• SoundEngine355
          • Feb 2008

@wettou Do you actually have a pair of the 800Di's?
          SoundEngine355

-------------------
          [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"