B&W 800 Diamond owners

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TomScrut
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 532

    #46
    Originally posted by Art Vanderlay
    The measurement was taken at a distance of 0.5m, slightly below the tweeter, which seems to be the optimum height for these speakers. I've attached the room averaged response - as measured by Dirac Live across the full width of the sofa and at heights slightly above and below ear level. Note the suck-out at 2-3kHz which is due to the sofa itself, and also the presence of a room mode at 40Hz.

    I use Dirac to correct the 40Hz room mode but I now limit the correction window to 100Hz because the full bandwidth correction seemed to impart some graininess at HF. And yes, I still need a new sofa.


    Try spreading your measurements out a bit more, and move the curve to match a dip at around 4khz if you have one, that's how I got my 802 Diamonds at their best with Dirac
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

    Comment

    • tanwn
      Member
      • Jul 2004
      • 35

      #47
      Can someone give me an indication of the price of a dealer demo set of 800d2. What reasonable price should I be looking at. TIA

      Comment

      • Freddie40
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 152

        #48
        Originally posted by windshear
        Ouch, what is happening at just past 800Hz?

        I only measured up to 800hz instead of all of the way. Sorry.

        Dave
        Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

        Comment

        • SoundEngine355
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 313

          #49
          @wettou Do you actually have a pair of the 800Di's?
          SoundEngine355

          -------------------
          [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          • MattCXII
            Bryston 3B ST to Bryston 4B SST... worth the upgrade?
            by MattCXII
            Hey everyone,

            I have a chance to upgrade my two channel by selling my 120w per ch. 3B ST to the new 200w per ch. 4B SST for 1200 Canadian. Do you think it's a worth while upgrade or would I be better off putting the money elsewhere? Please respond back as soon as possible with your...
            02 October 2005, 22:31 Sunday
          • Black Tang
            Music Gear for 804 Diamonds
            by Black Tang
            I purchased a pair of brand new B&W 804 Diamonds along with Emotiva XPA-5 amps (200W x 5) and Emotiva processor UMC-1 2 months ago.
            The home theater sound is excellent for what I need.
            However, I think I can get much better 2 channel listening out of the 804 Diamonds with the right...
            31 August 2012, 14:09 Friday
          • shades
            805S with Bryston 3BST
            by shades
            I just received the Bryston 3BST and hooked it up ASAP to my 805S. The amp is obviously broke in being it's used. The sound is amazing pushing the 805's with the proper recordings. With bad recordings it will show it to you right away.

            My question is the 3BST (rated 120wpc, tested at...
            11 February 2006, 19:36 Saturday
          • gostan
            New Diamonds In The House!
            by gostan
            After about a year or more of going back and forth listening to 803D's and 802D's, I have finally sold my N803's and NHTM1 and replaced them with a pair of 803D's and a HTM2D center channel.

            I picked up the new speaks yesterday. Heavy and larger, and all I can say is it's a good thing...
            28 July 2007, 12:23 Saturday
          • dspgolf
            802 Diamonds with Spectral electronics?
            by dspgolf
            Just wanted to say I heard a pair of new 802 Diamonds with through spectral electronics and it left me flat! Just didn't walk away that impressed? They sounded a little flat by comparison to my Bryston electronics.

            Did think they were great sounding and did image very very well!
            ...
            07 August 2010, 19:22 Saturday
          • Loading...
          • No more items.
          Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"