X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Electronics for b&W cm1

Im building a second setup in my working room and im using my old CM1 for that. I got original stands (tighter sound a little bit and very good looking), and now im trying to decide which electronics to get.The source would be V-DAC and Pioneer DV-696AV.

This is the options:

1. Harman Kardon HK990
    2. Denon PMA-1500
    3. Marantz PM7001
    4. Rotel RA_1520

Also im thinking is it better to go with separate components like Rotel RC-1550 Preamp and maybe RB-06 or RB-1070?

I have some of this devices on test (until now i prefer HK990 except that is very bad looking, and i dont like Marantz (but this its not definitly, i want to listen few more cd's). It was strange that on this setup V-DAC sound better then DacMagic (on my other setup i have a thread about it DacMagic sound better). One problem that i have with CM1 in my room (4,5m x 3 m) is when there is some bass tones which are deeper there is boomy bass.

So what is u'r opinion about my perfect match? Again.. Do u think it's worth RC-1550 + RB-1070 or RB-06?

And does anyone tried RC-1550 vs RC1580? Is it worth the price difference?

Darko
    Last edited by specialized; 03 November 2010, 09:57 Wednesday.
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

This is funny because I have a similar problem now.

I just purchased (picking up on Saturday) a used pair of CM7 for my second system.

I think I am going to try an all Emotiva setup. I have been impressed with the Emo gear I have now, and want to see how their amps perform.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• specialized
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by stuofsci02
      This is funny because I have a similar problem now.

I just purchased (picking up on Saturday) a used pair of CM7 for my second system.

I think I am going to try an all Emotiva setup. I have been impressed with the Emo gear I have now, and want to see how their amps perform.

Cheers,

Stuart

Too bad Emotiva is almost impossible to buy here and to expensive for the taxes and the shipping.. So i had to pick from choice i asked..

Comment

• stuofsci02
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by specialized
        Too bad Emotiva is almost impossible to buy here and to expensive for the taxes and the shipping.. So i had to pick from choice i asked..
        Yeah I understand.. Unfortunately I have not heard any of those with the CM1 so I cannot comment. At the end of the day I think you are doing the right thing by auditioning and selecting what works best..

It is funny that now the DAC magic is no as good as the V-DAC..
        Main System:
        B&W 801D
        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
        Oppo BDP-105
        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
        B&W CM7
        Emotiva UMC-1
        Emotiva UPA-2
        Oppo BDP-83SE
        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• specialized
          • Apr 2008

[QUOTE=stuofsci02]Yeah I understand.. Unfortunately I have not heard any of those with the CM1 so I cannot comment. At the end of the day I think you are doing the right thing by auditioning and selecting what works best..

It is funny that now the DAC magic is no as good as the V-DAC..[/QUOTE

It's interesting, based on my main setup and that i found out dacmagic better then v-dac on second setup i didnt even consider the v-dac in testing Lucky my friend who own dacmagic wanted to listen both of them , and we found a big improvement with v-dac So that's why it's important to listen and find out with audition. And that's why i like this hobby, there is never same situation

Darko

Comment

• stuofsci02
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2009

[QUOTE=specialized]
            Originally posted by stuofsci02
            Yeah I understand.. Unfortunately I have not heard any of those with the CM1 so I cannot comment. At the end of the day I think you are doing the right thing by auditioning and selecting what works best..

It is funny that now the DAC magic is no as good as the V-DAC..[/QUOTE

It's interesting, based on my main setup and that i found out dacmagic better then v-dac on second setup i didnt even consider the v-dac in testing Lucky my friend who own dacmagic wanted to listen both of them , and we found a big improvement with v-dac So that's why it's important to listen and find out with audition. And that's why i like this hobby, there is never same situation

Darko
            Absolutely.. I can't wait to get the CM7 this weekend and do some serious comparison to my 804s.

I will also be getting the DACmagic back and hopefully one of the new squeezebox touch units which is supposed to have a much improved analog output DAC section..
            Main System:
            B&W 801D
            Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
            Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
            Oppo BDP-105
            Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
            B&W CM7
            Emotiva UMC-1
            Emotiva UPA-2
            Oppo BDP-83SE
            Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"