X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebeatles67
    • May 2011

Preferred finish -gloss black vs rosenut

What finish is your preference?--I'm thinking of gloss black or rosenut--rosenut looks like it would be easier to keep clean--opinions?
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

For me, it depends on the rest of the decor.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
      • May 2005

I agree all 3 colors are beautiful and it depends on the color and decor of your room. The black marlan head on my 802DI's do seem however to attract dust and fingerprints like a magnet though...

Comment

• Rod#S
        • Oct 2010

I prefer rosenut myself but do find the gloss piano black very attractive. I have had rosenut Paradigm Reference speakers since 2002 and just love the color so going rosenut for my HTM2Di and 802Di's was an easy decision. Having had my 802Di's for a week as of today I do see that the piano black marlan head does attract/show dust.
        B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• dukester
          • Sep 2010

I think that any color can accent any decor but what's important to me is the right type/amount of contrast. I would want the speakers to stand out a bit and not blend to the point that they are lost. For me the Rosenut do that most easily.
          McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• Skyblue
            • Jun 2009

Cherry!
            B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• John22614
              • Feb 2010

The gloss black I think is strikingly good looking at first, and I can see how many people would select it. But I prefer either of the wood tones, and I think over the long run could be a better choice.

The rosewood is obviously beautiful, but if you're like me and keep the grills on, there's something about the look of the cherry wood with the contrasting black grills that looks very sharp. My 804's are cherry in more ways than one, and I'm very happy with the way they look in my living room.
              B&W 804s Mains
              B&W HTM4 Center
              Monitor Radius 180 Surrounds

Sony 46 HX929 TV
              Marantz AV 7005 processor
              Anthem MCA 30 Amp
              Panasonic 3D BluRay player

Comment

• gerardhn
                • Jun 2005

I had cherry many times
                For my red rosenut is oldfashioned type of taste, so if you like , you like
                Now black is available
                I hesitated...
                Yes marlan head needed always maintenance, also with the cherry/rosewood body..
                would black body need same care??
                NO...black body needs no maintenace...
                marlan head ..yes it does.... every weekend ... remove dust. ok. acceptable
                when I see cherry now.... it seems as oldfashioned to me as rosewood!
                Go for black body...if you like it...go for it ....dont worry for maintenance... most modern appearence of the available finishes!

(of course dont touch it with dirty vingers!!, but why should one touch it)

Comment

• Skyblue
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by gerardhn
                  (of course dont touch it with dirty vingers!!, but why should one touch it)
                  I hug my speakers.. There I said it!
                  B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• grit
                    • Jan 2005

Rosenut ftw

Of course, go with your tastes, but I've always loved the rosewood finishes on speakers.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"