Anyone tried a Carver with a pair of B&W 804s?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldtexasdog
    • Feb 2009

Anyone tried a Carver with a pair of B&W 804s?

Been looking at Carver amps latley and was wondering how one would sound with my B&W for 2 channel music only?
    Denon 2808 for pre
    28x18 room
    Oppo BD83 for transport
    Pair of matched powerd subs that will stay on the Denon for Bass control
    Thanks
    There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.
  • emig5m
    • Aug 2008

I remember someone on here had a picture of some Carver amps with B&Ws - might of actually been 804S or N804. I used to have a Carver TFM35x - gave it to a friend which I regret doing. My experience with Carver amps was great, just their pre-amps where a little noisy IMO.

Comment

• Pio
      • Nov 2005

I used Carver's Sunfire Signature with my old N802's and current 802D's and loved the combo. Lots of current on tap to make the B&Ws sing!

I also have the watts smaller Sunfire stereo amp. In a few weeks I'm going to bi-amp the Sunfire amps (600w to the woofers and 300 to the marlan head) - I know its total overkill, but should be fun to try
      Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"