X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windmiller
    • Sep 2007

Closet match to 703's

I am looking for a speaker that is the closest match to the 703's besides the 704 and 705's. Basically something I can find for under $800.00

I believe the main feature I am looking for to match them would be the FST driver? Any others?

My initial research returned the following speaker but wanted to see if there were others.

CDM 9NT
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

If you can get CDM9NTs for $800 jump on it!! I cant think of any other speaker in that price range with the FST excepts for 683s, maybe.. cheapest i seen is 900-1000.
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• bnieman
      • Jun 2006

Closest you can come (which is still very far away) is the 683 and the those are usually around $1100 used.

Closest matches to the 703 are the CDM9NT and 804. FST midrange plus open-air tweeter with two bass drivers.

Speakers like the CM9 and 683 do not have open-air tweeters, instead opting for a more cost effective cabinet enclosed tweeter housing.

If I had $800 to spend I would keep an eye out for a deal on a used pair of CM4 if you can find them. If you can squeeze $300 more into your budget you won't find a better speaker than the 683 for the price.

Typical used price on a pair of 703 (when you can find them) is $2000. CDM9NT is around $1800.

Cheers
      Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"