X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonkk
    • Jan 2010

A question for 802D owners

I know that all the rooms sound different yet since you guys have plenty of experience with positioning of your 802's I'd like to ask a few questions of the position you found to be working best in your case:

1 The best distance between the back of the speakers and the wall?
    2. The best distance between the centers of the speakers?
    3.The best distance between the front of the speakers and your ears?
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Ideally the golden rule of 1/3 works. So speakers 1/3 from the back wall. you positioned 1/3 from the other end wall. In terms of side wall I think it is variable. Suggest you visit Cardas homepage. As I recall it they have a pretty good description on speaker positioning according to Fibonacci numbers...

However in real life that seldom works unless you have a big room.. :lol:

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Antonkk,

My 802D's are in an equal triangle with the listening position. This has worked best for me, even though they are a couple of feet from the back wall and a foot from the side wall. This setup works very well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Antonkk
        I know that all the rooms sound different yet since you guys have plenty of experience with positioning of your 802's I'd like to ask a few questions of the position you found to be working best in your case:

1 The best distance between the back of the speakers and the wall?
        2. The best distance between the centers of the speakers?
        3.The best distance between the front of the speakers and your ears?
        In my set up it is

- The distance between the back of the speakers and the front wall is two feet, and five feet from the side walls

- The distance between the centers of the speakers is 7 feet for L & R

- The distance between the front of the speakers and my ears: 8 Feet

I sit a 1/3 from the back wall at about 7 Feet :T

An other thing is to have all the speakers on the perimeter of a circle at 40 degree interval Ideally 0, 40, 80, 120, 160, 200, 240, 280, 320 for 9.2 surround sound all about 7 - 8 Feet from the listing position. The circle is 14 - 16 feet diameter. Subs positioned at 90 and 180
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"