X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gaselka
    • Sep 2010

Suggestion for B&W 803S

Hi, I am quite new into these equipment and want to get some help to decide which equipment to use.
    I currently have the following setup,

2x B&W 684 Front
    2x B&W 685 Rear
    1 x B&W HTM61 Center
    1 x B&W ASW 610 Sub
    Rotel RSP-1069
    Rotel RMB-1075

Recently a friend of mine moved out of the country and luckly gave me his setup as well :B . So now I have in my hands also the following equipment.

2x B&W 803S Front
    2x B&W 805S Rear
    1 x B&W HTM 4S Center
    1 x B&W ASW 825 Sub
    Classe SSP300
    Classe CA5200

I have only one room for them so can't use them in seperate rooms in my house, so I am certainly replacing the 600 series speakers with the 800, but I am not sure about the Rotel and Classe. What kind of a setup would be better to drive the B&W 800 series.. Any advice would be appriciated..
    Thx.
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

That is one hell of a friend!

Personally, I would sell the 600 series speakers, Rotel gear and Classe SSP-300. Keep the 800 series speakers and Classe CA-5200. With the money recouped from selling the older gear, I'd put it towards a Classe SSP-800.
    A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• omar7631
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by btf1980
      That is one hell of a friend!

Personally, I would sell the 600 series speakers, Rotel gear and Classe SSP-300. Keep the 800 series speakers and Classe CA-5200. With the money recouped from selling the older gear, I'd put it towards a Classe SSP-800.
      I agree with this smart man , just one more suggestion get rid of the htm4s and get the bigger brother the htm3s.
      B&W 804s
      B&W htm3s
      B&W dm601 s3
      Outlaw lfm-1 EX x 2
      Denon 2808ci
      Emotiva XPA-5
      Emotiva XPA-2
      Sony PS3

Comment

• ninja12
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by omar7631
        I agree with this smart man , just one more suggestion get rid of the htm4s and get the bigger brother the htm3s.
        I agree with bft1980 and omar7631, and I would add if your room is not acoustically treated and you can do that to also look into and invest in some room treatments so that you can really enjoy your sweet setup. :T

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Gaselka,

First of all, welcome to the forum!! :T

As to your 'dilemma', I agree with the others. Very nice friend. As to your question, I would definitely drive the 800 series with the Classe electronics. Those should be quite a bit improved over the Rotel (which are very good in their own right).

If the 800 series/Classe setup is permanently yours, I also agree with selling the 600's/Rotel and upgrading the center channel. The HTM4S will be a much closer match to the 803's.

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by htsteve; 10 September 2010, 08:08 Friday.

Comment

• Gaselka
            • Sep 2010

I've decided to sell the 600/Rotel and SSp300 and will get a new Center and SSP 800 as you guys have mentinoned.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Gaselka,

That will be one pretty awesome set-up.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"