X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swayback
    • Feb 2010

bi wire for 804Di

ANyone with experience on biwiring or single wiring the 804Di? Any appreciable accoustic difference? Is the difference based on the fact that more current can be delivered with two wires rather than one? Any info appreciated.

804 Di L/R
    HTM4di center
    M1 rears
    Integra DTR 80.1
    Integra DTM 70.1
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by swayback
    Is the difference based on the fact that more current can be delivered with two wires rather than one?
    No more current than can be conducted by a single heavier cable. Besides, that ain't the limiting factor.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• swayback
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
      No more current than can be conducted by a single heavier cable. Besides, that ain't the limiting factor.
      What about sound quality?
      You you bi wire?

Comment

• Space
        • Aug 2009

There's no technical reason the sound would be improved by bi-wiring. What Kal is suggesting is that an adequate quality single wire is all that's needed. And it's highly unlikely that your speaker wires are a source of sonic limitation in your system's performance.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by swayback
          What about sound quality?
          Not an issue. Reasonably heavy cables with well-fitted connectors are all you need.
          You you bi wire?
          To be honest, I do bi-wire my front 3 802Ds but that is because, as a reviewer, (1) I do not wish to engage carping from those who insist I must bi-wire to appreciate the speakers I test and (2) I have a library of cables in my closet. The rear 804Ss are single-wired with Nordost.

Now, someone will criticize me for mixing cables in the system! :roll:
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

I use Mogami cables, good for recording studios good for me
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Briz vegas
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

As I use cable brand N it comes as biwire or shotgun, but both options have the same amount of cable, its just that the biwire version is split at one end.

Using the jumper cable and then removing it enabled me to compare the two options on my biwire cable. I did this experiment years ago now. I preferred biwire configuration. It cost me nothing to compare the two.

Its a personal thing - you like it, or you don't or you don't hear a difference, or something else in your system is stopping you from hearing the difference, or the difference is small enough that you couldn't give a rats either way..
              Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
              Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"