X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

Warning Warning Warning!!!

A number of new homepages have come up on the net, mostly on in buy and sell forums. DO NOT be tempted by there fantastic offers on B&W mcIntosh and so on!! It´s all a huge SCAM!! It´s starting to spread all over the world.

Things to look out for on these SCAM sites!

They want Bank transfer only, they will also TAKE your credit card, and I mean TAKE you credit card and every penny/dollar on it!!

They don´t have a CONTACT US that you can click on!

The only good deal, or best deal is when you go to your local hifi store or when buying secondhand it should be YOU, the goods and hard cash with a receipt which is always good to have for home insurence, the receipt should include name, address, telephone of the seller. It´s also another way of being sure it´s not stolen. If you ask some to write they name and address and they won´t then you know somethings not write.

Remember it´s a dog eat dog world out there :T
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Isn't it official B&W policy to net sell over the web?
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• JustinGN
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Skyblue
      Isn't it official B&W policy to net sell over the web?
      I think they made some exceptions to the rule for very strict circumstances, but only for the lower-end of their lineup (600, CM, Satellites, Zeppelin, etc), and even then only with permission of the nearest dealer to you (I think it's meant for fans who may live hundreds of miles from a dealer, or have no dealer/distributor in their country). Anything in the 800 series or their upper-end speakers REQUIRES you to visit a certified dealer to purchase, no exceptions, EVER.

It's safe to say that for everyone here, you must visit a certified Hi-Fi store off B&W's website in order to buy their gear. Nothing wrong with that

Comment

• Audio_ElF
        • Oct 2007

Just a reminder ... Bowers and Wilkins have a list of their dealers available on their website - hopefully this link -- http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/display.aspx?infid=1426 -- works for all.

Remember: if they ain't on the list, they shouldn't be getting your business.

Eloise

Comment

• btf1980
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by JustinGN
          I think they made some exceptions to the rule for very strict circumstances, but only for the lower-end of their lineup (600, CM, Satellites, Zeppelin, etc), and even then only with permission of the nearest dealer to you (I think it's meant for fans who may live hundreds of miles from a dealer, or have no dealer/distributor in their country). Anything in the 800 series or their upper-end speakers REQUIRES you to visit a certified dealer to purchase, no exceptions, EVER.

It's safe to say that for everyone here, you must visit a certified Hi-Fi store off B&W's website in order to buy their gear. Nothing wrong with that
          No B&W full range speakers are sold online, even the lower ranges. The only B&W products sold online are the Zeppelin docks, laptop speakers and their headphones.
          A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"