X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jveiga
    • May 2009

Cables for B&W 803 speakers

Hi;
    I would like to have your support about the cables that best fit with my 804s. Now I use the Transparent Super MM1 single wire. I am thinking about replace it with a bi-wire cable or two sets of single wire. However, I don’t really know if there is any advantage on it :?? . There is? Just a last question. If I use two sets should they be connected in the A B outputs of the classé amp?
    Thanks,
    João Veiga
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

The only advantage of two sets of wires over bi-wires would be possible gauge, and if you have two sets of amp outputs, a possible advantage maintaining completely seperate flow.

The forum does not sponsor specific cable request discussions as part of the forum's services. I understand your in a foreign country, and may not be the ideal CAT Cables prospect, however, we do operate here and specific branded discussions are disuaded. If you have a specific set to ask about, I will allow that vein of discussion, but opening it up to 40 different suggestions, is not going to be allowed.

Best luck in your decision. I will close this thread if discussion goes the wrong way to that end.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

As a general comment I would say that bright sounding cables and B&W is not a good match in my opinion. Don't go dark either, but as neutral as possible.
      But as Lex said, the options are endless and in the end it all comes down to ensuring a good match between all you components.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"