X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BW4me
    • Nov 2005

Center ch advice

I have the CDM7NT front speakers with the matching CNT center, the ASW600 sub and CCM65 rears currently for my home theater. With my current tv set up/furniture I've never been able to keep the center speaker in place. I keep in another room and bring out to plug in for movies. Because it is 12" tall I've had a hard time finding tv/component stand to fit it in (without placing on top below tv - which doesn't look good to my wife).

I've considered replacing my CNT center with one from the 600 series, which is shorter and can fit into shelved units. But I'm concerned that I would loose a lot in sound quality as this center sounds great to me. I don't know what 600 series sounds like and I've always heard your front three speakers should be matching.

Looking for advice here or other recommendations.

Steve
  • theblue
    • Dec 2009

my opinion, knowing the CNT center and owning an old LCR60 S3, is that you will be fine for dialog and movies in general, but anytime music is playing in surround (be it in a movie, or whatever else) you'll really miss what you have now.
    Marantz SR5002 (music fed by apple airport express via optical)
    rotel RB-985 THX (4 channels bipowering fronts, 1 for the center)
    B&W - 683, CDM-CNT, CDS3 (sides), DM601 (rears)
    a combo of haveflex and audioquest cables.

Comment

• BW4me
      • Nov 2005

That is my concern since I really enjoy movies with great music.

Comment

• ryan.devry
        • Apr 2008

For a smaller profile try out the CM1 or CM2. You may be suprised. I don't know what your price is, but if you want to stay with B&W it is probably your best match. At least give it an audition. If that doesn't work, I also like the PSB Image C Center.....Good Luck!!!
        Ryan
        -------------------------

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"