X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigchief
    • Mar 2010

B&W wohlesale prices

Does anyone have any idea how much B&W charges audio companies to buy there spaeker vs what we have to pay for them retail? Is it not cheaoer to order directly from B&W? I guess i am trying trofigure out how much mark up are on the speakers when the hit the showroom, because the retail stores tend not budge on pricing at all.
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Well since B&W will not let you buy directly from them, then the question becomes in-applicable...

Comment

• Skyblue
      • Jun 2009

I believe 50-55% of the pretax retail price goes to B&W.
      B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• kpodolski
        • Jun 2006

It depends on the dealer and their annual volume sales but B&W's markup is 45%. But that does not include any volume discounts or what terms apply (e.g. 5%, 30 days, net 31). So, as a dealer, it pays to pay your bills on time. But, as aarsoe stated, it doesn't really matter since you cannot buy directly from B&W.
        The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by bigchief
          Does anyone have any idea how much B&W charges audio companies to buy there spaeker vs what we have to pay for them retail? Is it not cheaoer to order directly from B&W? I guess i am trying trofigure out how much mark up are on the speakers when the hit the showroom, because the retail stores tend not budge on pricing at all.
          The margin are between 40 to 50 points for high volume dealers.
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"