X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relentless
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by RedRock
    Following up as the OP, no problem going OT. Silver rings still don't bother me at all...
    when I say my eye is drawn to the rings like an imperfection it is because my job is to look a something and find imperfections and correct them. I am not saying that the speaker has imperfections. I don't like the six holes in my speaker but I am used to them and I am sure I could get used to the rings.
    I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
    Lou

Comment

• Briz vegas
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Relentless
      I am not saying that the speaker has imperfections. I don't like the six holes in my speaker .........
      Think of them as mini mini ports. Or character lines.
      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• emig5m
        • Aug 2008

Ok guys, I hate to be the party pooper, but this isn't meeting my expectations for talk on the new series from actual owners. I want some real 804S vs 804Di performance talk. Where's the noticeable differences, are they worth the upgrade (price) from the previous S models, do they image better, more opened up background detail, etc.etc. Come on, we can do better than speaker grill holes vs magnetic covers and car talk.... how about the ever important sound performance aspect. If someone around my area gets the 804Di I'd be more than happy to box up my 804S and bring them over for a more direct comparison.

Comment

• John22614
          • Feb 2010

well said, i would appreciate a comparison also
          B&W 804s Mains
          B&W HTM4 Center
          Monitor Radius 180 Surrounds

Sony 46 HX929 TV
          Marantz AV 7005 processor
          Anthem MCA 30 Amp
          Panasonic 3D BluRay player

Comment

• MikeFL52
            • Oct 2007

You are unlikely to get a comparison unless someone is specifically upgrading from S to D in the equivalent speaker and has kept his S versions or someone has heard a back to back at a dealership or if someone does what emig5m suggests above.

Comment

• Briz vegas
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Thats why I have been lurking as well but as Mike says its still early days.
              Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
              Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• SoundEngine355
                • Feb 2008

Lets get that 804D open and see what the crossover looks like!!!
                SoundEngine355

-------------------
                [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"