X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmcheng
    • Jan 2008

XT2 vs. M-1 as rears

Looking at the pictures of Ethan06's new XT8 (http://htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=32980) got me itching to get into the XT series.

Now I am using the M-1 as my rears. I am considering replacing them with the XT2. If anyone has compared these two I would be very interested to hear what you think.
  • Ethan06
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by kmcheng
    Looking at the pictures of Ethan06's new XT8 (http://htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=32980) got me itching to get into the XT series.

Now I am using the M-1 as my rears. I am considering replacing them with the XT2. If anyone has compared these two I would be very interested to hear what you think.
    Hi kmcheng. I actually came really close to getting the stand mounted XT2's for my fronts. They really sound amazing and come remarkably close to the XT8s at first listen. I A/B between the two for a while before deciding to go with the XT8s better overall performance. FST mid range, more bass reinforcement and wider sound stage and the fact that I didn't have to get a sub right away were my deciding factors. For rears, I wouldn't hesitate at all.
    Now I didn't directly compare the XT2s to the M1s but I have herd them in two and five channel with and without a PV1 and although they are the best sats money can buy, the XT2s bigher dynamics and wider sound stage would sway me over the M1s. Plus they look more balanced on their stands in my opinion.

Good luck!

Comment

• kmcheng
      • Jan 2008

Thank you Ethan06! By the way, you have a lovely setup.

Now that sounds like more money are coming out of my pocket. Suppose you have about $1000 to burn, which one of the following options would you prefer?

1. Change the rears from M-1 to XT2.
      2. Change the front amp from the Bel Canto S300i to the new Krell S-300i. Both are rated 150W per channel, but the Krell has balanced inputs.

The front speakers are the 803D. These days I am about 50/50 HT vs. 2-channel. Any thoughts?

Comment

• P1et
        • Jan 2006

I was in a similar predicament. Personally, I will have the M-1 as fronts for now, then when it's time to upgrade, replace them with XT2 and move the M-1s to the back.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"