X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

B&W Custom Theater CT8.4 LCRS

Has anyone heard these speakers yet? How would they compare to other speakers in the 800 line up? Are they good at all listening levels?

• audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Have you seen the price? I don't think they're close to the 800 series at all in terms of price... so I would HOPE that stands true in performance as well. It would be awesome to get a chance to listen to them though.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
      Have you seen the price? I don't think they're close to the 800 series at all in terms of price... so I would HOPE that stands true in performance as well. It would be awesome to get a chance to listen to them though.
      I heard they are less expensive because of the simple look and design.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Sound wise they don't match the traditional 800 series. Different designs to work in different area's. They really need to be built into to something to sound right.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Sound wise they don't match the traditional 800 series. Different designs to work in different area's. They really need to be built into to something to sound right.

Kevin D.

Thanks for the input...that basically squashes the idea of me looking at them.

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

I've heard them. They are designed to be mounted into cabinets. I liked them and thought they fit well into HT. Chris Browder (from B&W) said they are comparable (to him) to N802's in sound and tonality. I'd have to A/B them to say definitively.

They were very nice sounding, but diamond's are still a b&w fan's best friend.
            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"