X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Classe SSP 900: What it would have been

I just came across this while looking for Classe pics. By looking at the last picture it looks like a prototype actually exisits....I wonder if it worked and if so where it is now.

At $25,000 it would have never been in my price range, but its interesting to read and see anyway

Classé Audio unveiled another beauty here at CES : the most elegant SSP-900.

The SSP-900 promises user-friendly touchscreen operation with a second front-panel screen dedicated to previewing video information independent of other display devices in a home theater system. It combines full differential audio circuits, broadcast grade 1080p Video Processing/Scaling and Multi-zone operation.

Analog audio inputs include four single-ended and one balanced as well as accommodations for a discrete 7.1 source. Digital audio sources enjoy six coaxial, one AES/EBU, and six EIAJ (TOSlink optical) inputs. The processor accommodates up to four HDMI audio/video sources and features four component, four composite, and five S-Video inputs as well.

The dual power supplies, one toroid-based linear design for analog circuits and a high-speed switching supply for video and digital processing, combine for optimally efficient use of AC power.

All analog audio circuitry is full-differential for maximum noise rejection and dynamic range. Digital components include advanced Cirrus Logic analog-to-digital (A/D) converters featuring 24-bit/192 kHz conversion. An advanced Texas Instruments microprocessor handles all internal decoding while complimentary Burr Brown digital-to-analog (D/A) converters bring the full-resolution signals back to the analog domain for output as needed.

A sophisticated Gennum video processor/scaler, noted for its use in HDTV broadcast-level applications, provides patented Visual Excellence Processing that includes dynamic edge detection, film mode processing, and detail enhancement.

The SSP-900 will be available in March, 2007 at a retail price of $25,000 US.
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

Here's a video with Dave Nauber and a working SSP-900. http://uk.cinenow.com/videos/440-pre...edia-expo-2006
    A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

There were two working production prototypes of the SSP-900. The SSP-800 is the economical version of it. Thank goodness.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
        There were two working production prototypes of the SSP-900. The SSP-800 is the economical version of it. Thank goodness.
        where do you think the working prototypes are? Someone using them?

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Vancouver
          where do you think the working prototypes are? Someone using them?
          Dave owned one of them... not sure if he traded out for the SSP-800.
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• LexiconLogan
            • Apr 2009

I would love to own the ssp-900 :T

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by LexiconLogan
              I would love to own the ssp-900 :T
              would you be willing to fork out the $25k for it though?
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• LexiconLogan
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sikoniko
                would you be willing to fork out the $25k for it though?
                sure

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"