This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HedgeHog
    • Dec 2008

Okey dokey...a couple more flaunting pix (as it were) before I head off to work (can I mention that I work?).

So I got this dual gang wall plate with 12 keystone holes. And that place also have the available F/F connectors to go along with it. To fasten to the wall, I'll be using a dual gang mud-ring.

Angle shot...from L to R: 2 x HDMI (to TV), 2 x banana jacks (for surround), Cat6 (to TV), RCA audio (TV), and video component (TV).

Back of wall plate.

For the speaker cables, I've selected GLS locking banana plugs (they look like WBT600 copies).

The rear shot. GLS has a Gen I and a Gen II version. The Gen II has a reduced diameter barrel so cables aren't swimming in the opening. I'm using both because the amp ends will be bi-wired with 2 x 10ga 5T000UP cables (way overkill bit who doesn't want a garden hose in their music room?).

Here's the profile pix of the wall plate with the jacks inserted. I fear the inside wall clearance will be an issue as it's going to be an insulated outside wall.

Will try to complete rack and start cable fabrication tonight.

Cheerios,
    -H
    Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
    Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
    B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
    Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
    Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by William
      Quit showing off :evil:

:lol:

Really though, hope no one takes my comments too seriously.
      If you want to show off your cars, go ahead! (we have a speed section at the bottom of the forum)

If you want to show off your B&W gear, we have a pictures of your B&W gear thread stickied at the top of this forum.

If you want to post a project thread, go ahead, if you want to include pictures of your cars, private jet, castle in England, FIA championship trophies or grandmother, go ahead.

But be willing to accept some criticism from the peanut gallery.

Nice garage.

Back to being the self aggrandizing race car driver that I am. ;x(
      Last edited by Race Car Driver; 17 March 2009, 15:36 Tuesday.
      B&W

Comment

• Opus007
        • Nov 2007

All I want to know.... is someone here working for AIG ?

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Opus007
          All I want to know.... is someone here working for AIG ?
          Yes, thats how I afford all my toys.
          B&W

Comment

• P1et
            • Jan 2006

Congrats on all the new equipment! However, where is the thread with the pics of the cars? I cannot find it!

Comment

• ssabripo
              • Dec 2005

nice...
              My simple HT setup
              4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• Allegiance
                • Sep 2006

Hi HedgeHog,

Don't be afraid to post your pics, even if it is just of boxes! I, like many other people even just enjoy looking at those pics. Who cares if you are showing off? So you should, be proud of what you have purchased! I certainly would if I had just made those purchases. :B

That is some awesome gear though, and where is this pic of your cars? I want to see :T

Comment

• wgriel
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by P1et
                  Congrats on all the new equipment! However, where is the thread with the pics of the cars? I cannot find it!
                  Hedgehog deleted them after some people complained that he was "showing off"

They were pretty nice though

Comment

• RobP
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

Hedgehog, please post up pictures of of whatever you like, I don't remember reading any rules that said that you couldn't share what you have, as far as "showing off" who hasn't in one form or another? If someone gets pissed or jealous by what you have, that's on their shoulders, and the rest of us shouldn't be denied what you have to share.
                    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Opus007
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by RobP
                      Hedgehog, please post up pictures of of whatever you like, I don't remember reading any rules that said that you couldn't share what you have, as far as "showing off" who hasn't in one form or another? If someone gets pissed or jealous by what you have, that's on their shoulders, and the rest of us shouldn't be denied what you have to share.
                      I totally agree.Some of us may never be able to afford a setup as yours but it sure is sweet.I for one am anxiously awaiting the pictures and thoughts when it is all setup.:T

Comment

• P1et
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by wgriel
                        Hedgehog deleted them after some people complained that he was "showing off"

They were pretty nice though
                        A real pity that is. I hope he puts them back up as I enjoy both nice cars, and nice hifi equipment.

Bring it back Hedgehog!

:T

Comment

• HedgeHog
                          • Dec 2008

Thanks for all the kind words of support. I wasn't "hiding" or have run away...just got too busy so I never updated. Sorry. RCD is not someone I'm intimidated by so I am too concerned. I find it quite petty that he has to come here and add up my spending or be so zealous as if he's trying to proof a point out of me. Not sure why. I tried to look up the word "hubris" but all it says is "see Race Car Driver". LOL.

Anyhoo, I took the pix down because I thought the consensus of the forum felt it was out of place not just one person. I have no qualms with ppl take shots at my possessions; afterall, they're subjective and not everyone like what everyone else's owns. Having said that, it is exclusively in a thread I started so I'm not spamming other threads...nor am I trying to flaunt anything. I thought as fans of toys, we'd also get a kick out of other toys. And as a recent acquisition, I made an image post stating that it distracted me from getting the audio parts done. What a mistake.

Anyhoo, the drama will continue - it's the intaweb, afterall: DIS B THEERIUS BIDNIZ - and I'll chuckle along with it.

Opus007: I had to return everything as my boss made me give back all my bonus. LULZ.
                          Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                          Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• HedgeHog
                            • Dec 2008

Ok...my wiring guy came and went this weekd. We ran the surround cable inside the wall moulding - no crawl space/interstitial space that we can drop wires from and the engineer used 2 x 12 solid beam @ 12" centers so it was "toight". The CCM 818 was a snug fit but alas it did. I fear my tiny room is not going to suit surround well.

We also hung the PRO-151FD. He was commenting that the Omnimount was nice and wide. We hit 4 studs so it's very secure. The tilting mount also has a latch system that props the panel "up" on a tilt (opposite of a normal tilt where the lower edge comes up while the top stays put). This facilitates easier access to the connectors...nice touch.

The last things we did was to put the Powerbridge and a/v wall plates on. Mounting was easy but being an outside wall, the insulation does get in the way of pulling cables.

Oh, the missus and I also hauled in ONE 802D...heavy. I'll post some update pix tonight and hopefully will get to cable fabrication this weekend.

Thanks for any interest...it is only just me showing off.

Comment

• cdika17
                              • Oct 2008

If you don't mind me asking, who did you deal with in getting all your gear? Local, states? i'll be doing a big purchase here this spring and am looking for a one stop shop. Thanks
                              Chase

---------------------------------------------------
                              Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• btf1980
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Davidmag
                                BTF 1980, while we are waiting for more pics, I see you have a Marantz av8003, how do you like it ? I have one on order. Going to use it with a Classe cav-180, and B&W 803d`s, plus, plus.........
                                For my needs, the AV8003 has been fantastic. I do a bit of 2 channel listening, and it has been great. No issues at all, and barely even gets warm. I use it coupled with a rotel rmb-1075 driving a CM series setup.
                                A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2005

Hedgehog, please post up pictures of of whatever you like, I don't remember reading any rules that said that you couldn't share what you have.
                                  PST..

Originally posted by HedgeHog
                                  Thanks for all the kind words of support. I wasn't "hiding" or have run away...just got too busy so I never updated. Sorry. RCD is not someone I'm intimidated by so I am too concerned. I find it quite petty that he has to come here and add up my spending or be so zealous as if he's trying to proof a point out of me. Not sure why. I tried to look up the word "hubris" but all it says is "see Race Car Driver". LOL.

Anyhoo, I took the pix down because I thought the consensus of the forum felt it was out of place not just one person. I have no qualms with ppl take shots at my possessions; afterall, they're subjective and not everyone like what everyone else's owns. Having said that, it is exclusively in a thread I started so I'm not spamming other threads...nor am I trying to flaunt anything. I thought as fans of toys, we'd also get a kick out of other toys. And as a recent acquisition, I made an image post stating that it distracted me from getting the audio parts done. What a mistake.

Anyhoo, the drama will continue - it's the intaweb, afterall: DIS B THEERIUS BIDNIZ - and I'll chuckle along with it.

Opus007: I had to return everything as my boss made me give back all my bonus. LULZ.
                                  For someone who is not intimidated so easily by me you sure have alot to say about me for the simple single comment I made.

I don't recall making comments directly to you or calling your name out, yet every reply you have for me you are giving me a new name or have something new to tell me how I feel.

Now back to me being petty and zealous. :rofl: Or wait, was it self aggrandizing? I forgot. Oh, you mean hubris. Whats next?

It seems the one who is actually intimidated and making all the accusations is indeed you.

Enjoy!
                                  B&W

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                    • Dec 2008

Try as you might, you are just sounding more defense and petty by post. Here's your "calling me out post", btw...selective memory rulz! LOL

If this isnt a "hey look at me" thread I dunno what is.

I single you out because you singularly stalk this thread to make some kinda of point to me. Lame. No one else gives a crap to the extent that you do. Your forum standing notwithstanding, you will definitely not be a valuable contibutor in my books. Basically, you're free to slam me in this thread but it'll be purely internet chatter.

BTW, because I take digs does not equate I'm intimidated. You seem to not get things (mostly within the context of this thread). I think if you left things alone, I'll leave things alone as well. However, you make it a calling of yours to come here and take cheap shots...so touche.

And what's next? Who knows...I have zippo respect for you exclusively. You'll provide fuel for my next word of the day shot at you...I'm sure of that since you can't seem to help it.

And, yeah...I am enjoying it. Thx. :W

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                                    For someone who is not intimidated so easily by me you sure have alot to say about me for the simple single comment I made.

I don't recall making comments directly to you or calling your name out, yet every reply you have for me you are giving me a new name or have something new to tell me how I feel.

Now back to me being petty and zealous. :rofl: Or wait, was it self aggrandizing? I forgot. Oh, you mean hubris. Whats next?

It seems the one who is actually intimidated and making all the accusations is indeed you.

Enjoy!

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                      • Dec 2008

Hi cdika17,

I got most of the components at two places outside of my region. The B&W/Classe stuff came from a single dealer. They are not allow to sell via mail order but I have relatives that live in that city so that's a doable thing. They gave me some discount and free shipping while the local dealer acted like primadonnas.

The TV and sub came from another out of province dealer. They, again, were the best priced and was easy to talk to on the phone.

I won't bother naming dealerships as they won't be able to assist if you're in the states.

All the best in your future acquisitions. :T

-H

Originally posted by cdika17
                                      If you don't mind me asking, who did you deal with in getting all your gear? Local, states? i'll be doing a big purchase here this spring and am looking for a one stop shop. Thanks

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HedgeHog
                                        Try as you might, you are just sounding more defense and petty by post. Here's your "calling me out post", btw...selective memory rulz! LOL

If this isnt a "hey look at me" thread I dunno what is.

I single you out because you singularly stalk this thread to make some kinda of point to me. Lame. No one else gives a crap to the extent that you do. Your forum standing notwithstanding, you will definitely not be a valuable contibutor in my books. Basically, you're free to slam me in this thread but it'll be purely internet chatter.

BTW, because I take digs does not equate I'm intimidated. You seem to not get things (mostly within the context of this thread). I think if you left things alone, I'll leave things alone as well. However, you make it a calling of yours to come here and take cheap shots...so touche.

And what's next? Who knows...I have zippo respect for you exclusively. You'll provide fuel for my next word of the day shot at you...I'm sure of that since you can't seem to help it.

And, yeah...I am enjoying it. Thx.
                                        Shoot away big fella! :T
                                        B&W

Comment

• RobP
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • Nov 2004

So.....is it your job to enforce guidelines now? come on. Seriously lets stop with the personal attacks and move on... :roll:
                                          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Mar 2005

So.....is it your job to enforce guidelines now? Don't think so, lets stop with the personal attacks and move on... :roll:
                                            I am not attacking you or the OP. I made a single comment of my personal opinion in this thread which happened to lead to several "personal attacks" from him to me. Do you see any name calling on my part to him?

My comment to you was nothing more than a fun jab. I am totally cool with you and have never had any gripes with you in the past. Don't let the OP's "attitude towards me" taint your view my replies.

And on the second part of your post Rob. Yes I agree we all do some showing off. Thats what the majority of these threads are in this forum! I do not disagree with that one bit. (see the pictured thread at the top of the page)

Regardless of who makes a thread posting a garage full of gear not being used and garage full of cars (whatever they may be) and whatever else they may have piled up that doesnt relate directly to B&W, in the B&W forum none the less I will call them out on it. If they or anyone else wants to take it as a personal attack thats their problem. Its not a personal attack, more of an observation. And RobP, you KNOW this, we have discussed it on the past about "other" topics. (*cough* cables *cough*) If I have something to say, I will say it. I'm not out "looking" to start crap with people.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program everyone! 8O
                                            B&W

Comment

• RobP
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Nov 2004

My comment to you was nothing more than a fun jab. I am totally cool with you and have never had any gripes with you in the past. Don't let the OP's "attitude towards me" taint your view my replies.
                                              I know it was in jest, I don't have any problems with you, nor do I with hedgehog, I just think that the volley of attacks back and forth are really silly, and are getting old, it takes two to tango, so my comment that the personal attacks need to stop was directed to both of you guys.
                                              Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• William
                                                • Aug 2006

...but my daddy can beat up all of your daddies at one time and I can pee farther to boot. :B

Comment

• P1et
                                                  • Jan 2006

...but my daddy can beat up all of your daddies at one time and I can pee farther to boot. :B
                                                  :rofl:

Comment

• KyaDawn
                                                    • Mar 2008

Regardless of who makes a thread posting a garage full of gear not being used and garage full of cars (whatever they may be) and whatever else they may have piled up that doesnt relate directly to B&W, in the B&W forum none the less I will call them out on it.
                                                    Wow, what a hero! :T We all should be so glad we have RACE CAR DRIVER policing the forums for us. I feel safer with RACE CAR DRIVER around! :B

Hey RACE CAR DRIVER, this post wasn't about B&W, call this trouble-maker out! :M RACE CAR DRIVER, hero of all mankind, where are you?!!! ;x(

Comment

Working...
                                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                    Search Result for "|||"