• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Parenthood" Series on DVD

Parenthood-

My local library just picked up this series and I've watched both seasons 1 and 2 so far. This series is essentially very similar to "Brothers and Sisters" that I reviewed earlier but this one spares us the huge Gay agenda that latter delivered. The only 'side' agenda on this one is the effects of being a parent with an autistic child, and it is explored quite vigorously. This series is all about mommy's and daddy's, their brothers and sisters and their friends and of course, their relationships.

All the characters quickly become well developed and the stories are quite entertaining. These are very busy people.....movers and groover's and cell phones play a BIG role in this series. They're constantly ringing and constantly interrupting they're lives, and they answer them enthusiastically. It becomes bothersome after awhile and while watching it, I am reminded of how happy I am that mine rings much less and even then, very often I don't answer it. I also notice how busy and complicated some people make their lives and I realize that I am happy that my life is MUCH less dramatic and complicated. It's people who MAKE their lives this way and then they get stuck in them, whether they like it or not!

There's lots of dialogue in this film.......so much so that very often the actors in it are talking over each other. It's like the people in it are talking but nobody is really listening.

Now that doesn't make this a bad series, it just isn't recommended for people with high blood pressure or easily agitated!! The stories are good and kept me very entertained.

8/10 for a very good series :T
    Last edited by madmac; 23 July 2015, 08:00 Thursday.
    Dan Madden :T
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"