X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

803D and Rotel 1575

HI! I am planning the above speakers and amp, with the Rotel 1570 pre/pro with the HTM2D center. The plan for now is to Bi-amp the 803D's. For now I am planning the fronts only due to funds and plan to add rears later with probably a 2 ch. stereo amp for the 803D's and free up the 1575 for the rears and surrounds. My question(probably stupid but will ask anyway):
    Does Bi-amping increase the current to the speakers compared to single amp assuming the same amp? I don't have the money for a Classe or Macintosh amp and feel those too expensive even at a later time. But if you guys think they are truly worth it perhaps.....
    I just want to make sure that the electronics and speakers
    are not mismatched. Thanks,
    Ray
  • garak
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ray5
    HI! I am planning the above speakers and amp, with the Rotel 1570 pre/pro with the HTM2D center. The plan for now is to Bi-amp the 803D's. For now I am planning the fronts only due to funds and plan to add rears later with probably a 2 ch. stereo amp for the 803D's and free up the 1575 for the rears and surrounds. My question(probably stupid but will ask anyway):
    Does Bi-amping increase the current to the speakers compared to single amp assuming the same amp? I don't have the money for a Classe or Macintosh amp and feel those too expensive even at a later time. But if you guys think they are truly worth it perhaps.....
    I just want to make sure that the electronics and speakers
    are not mismatched. Thanks,
    Ray
    I've been down the path you're considering. I have 803Ds and an HTM2D center. Originally, I had them powered with a Rotel 1069/1077 combo. I did bi-amp the 803Ds and that did make an improvement in the overall quality of the sound. On the whole, the Rotels did a good job powering the speakers, and are a good value.

However, I've since switched to the Classe SSP-800 and CA-5200, and I couldn't be happier. The Classe has greater clarity and detail. There is greater depth and width to the soundstage. With the Classe, I feel like I'm at the performance.

Personally, I think the Classe gear is worth it. But the difference in cost is very significant, and only you can answer if it is worth it to you. If you can, I'd suggest listening to both.

Comment

• ray5
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by garak
      I've been down the path you're considering. I have 803Ds and an HTM2D center. Originally, I had them powered with a Rotel 1069/1077 combo. I did bi-amp the 803Ds and that did make an improvement in the overall quality of the sound. On the whole, the Rotels did a good job powering the speakers, and are a good value.

However, I've since switched to the Classe SSP-800 and CA-5200, and I couldn't be happier. The Classe has greater clarity and detail. There is greater depth and width to the soundstage. With the Classe, I feel like I'm at the performance.

Personally, I think the Classe gear is worth it. But the difference in cost is very significant, and only you can answer if it is worth it to you. If you can, I'd suggest listening to both.
      Thanks. The only thing I want to be sure of is that though Classe and Macs will get more out of them will Rotels be totally bad? Between the pre/pro and amp I am not spending a small amount anyway, not anywhere close to the others but still not chump change. I have to be happy with this combo for a while before I will even think about an upgrade.

Comment

• garak
        • Jul 2007

Don't worry, the 803Ds and HTM2D will sound good with the Rotel gear.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"