X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crytklmass
    • Dec 2008

center channel options

in your opinion, do you think its better to use an HTM2D for a center or 2 805s. or run all 3. 802d for front, htn2d, center, then 805 as a center secondary center or enhancer. or place the 805s higher or a few feet closer for a more surrounding sound effect. is this possible.
    BOB
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Get an HTM1D and call it a day, You just saved a bunch of cash, go with the 1D, I know I would if I could!
    B&W

Comment

• crytklmass
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
      Get an HTM1D and call it a day, You just saved a bunch of cash, go with the 1D, I know I would if I could!
      $9,000 for the htm1d, is it really worth it. my dealer has never sold one. lol. I could probably get $3000 for my htm2d. but I would need to hear the htm1d first. problem is with the economy, the dealers will not order anything unless you buy it. they will not even get an ssp800, order only. if its not already on the floor, forge it. buy at your own risk, at least with this denon I have 30 days to return. I told him I would't buy without hearing it first. this being the same dealer I spent $20.000.00 at for my B&W speakers and Rotel amps. when I said I could buy the denon and try it first, he got a little upset and said, denon is a piece of s##t. of course he wants me to buy the classe from him. I understand that. the denon avr still has more options than the classe ssp800. its all online, read the reviews. make your own choice
      BOB

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by crytklmass
        in your opinion, do you think its better to use an HTM2D for a center or 2 805s. or run all 3. 802d for front, htn2d, center, then 805 as a center secondary center or enhancer. or place the 805s higher or a few feet closer for a more surrounding sound effect. is this possible.
        I generally advise against 2 centers or, indeed, 2 on any channel except subs. AFAIK, the HTM1-D and, perhaps, the HTM2D are designed with the expectation that they will be used beneath a screen.

Kal
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by crytklmass
          3 802D rules same speaker seamless in movies and multichannel music :T My wife even said whoa that sounds so much better than the other center channel, HTM1D
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

I have an HTM2D with 802D's and they work very well together. Driven by very good electronics, this is an awesome setup. I'm not sure two center channels will be much of an advantage. Putting your funds towards one good center like the HTM2D is a good solution.

The ideal sonic solution would be to get the same three speakers accross the fronth three. Even better would be all 5 (or 7) speakers. This tends to suggest the 805S as a solution, since getting three, 5, or 7 identical speakers that are large can get expensive.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
              • Mar 2005

I had the HTM2D (with 800D fronts, 802N rears). I upgraded to the HTM1D and have never looked back. If you have the space and budget, it is the best center. I agree 3 802Ds or 3 800Ds would be great, however most don't have the room with their display / FP screen for it.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"