How to configure two 685's with an ASW610?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hyperchaotic
    • Nov 2008

How to configure two 685's with an ASW610?

Hi All,

I'm coming from a setup with just two DALI 7a's before, no sub - and a straightforward old Marantz RS5000 amp :-)

Due to moving countries I lost that, so I went and got a nice (sounding) pair of 685's and my very thoughtful wife recently gifted me with a ASW610 sub. I have them setup around my TV in a Stereo setup (alas, no surround - yet).

AMP in a Denon AVR-1707 (always easy to get discount on "old models").

Alas, sub's are all new to me and I am trying configure it so there is no disjoint between sub and speakers, also no booming sound as you hear far too often in poorly configured setups, and crossover is well chosen.

Does anybody on the forum have similar setup? Advice/experiences? What is a good choice for cross-over frequency?

The Denon also have an option between "small" and "big" front speakers. I am not quite sure what the 685's qualify as or what the options does.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated :-)
  • Antus
    • Apr 2008

If you have pre/pro and an amp
    pre/pro analog out(pre out) set it to FULL (Large spaeker), connect to subwoofer pre in (use subwoofer's internal crossover). connect Subwoofer's high pass to an amp. then amp to speakers.
    if you are using this setup, try put sub in between 2 front speakers.

If you are using a receiver,
    connect both speakers to speaker terminals on receiver and subwoofer to line level subwoofer RCA. set the receiver either small or large depends on what ears tell you.

Comment

• kmcheng
      • Jan 2008

With the 685, most likely you will want to set them as "small" in your Denon receiver.
      If Denon allows you to adjust the crossover of "small" speakers", you can play around with crossovers at 60-80 hz to suit your liking. You may also want to adjust the gain level of the sub output, if such option exists in your Denon.

It takes time to incorporate the subwoofer smoothly in your system. Chances are that you will make some adjustments, find out you don't really like it after a few days, and will need to play with them again. It took me more than a month to get things the way I like it.

Also, if possible, place the sub midway between the L and R front speakers.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"