Which setup is better ? (600 series) Please help !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metallicaband
    • Nov 2008

Which setup is better ? (600 series) Please help !

Hello all,

Which setup do you guys think is better:

1-
    683 Fronts
    LCR600 S3 Center Channel or HTM62
    685 Rears

Or

2-
    683 Fronts
    685 used as the Center Channel (I've read bad reviews of the HTM61)
    601 S3 Rears (would these match well with the new 68X speakers ?)

The Subwoofer used will be Hsu VTF3-MK3

A few more notes:
    - I'm an international customer, there's only 1 high end audio store where I live, and the speakers I've mentioned are my only options (there's only 1 pair of 683's and 1 pair of 685's left in the store). The store doesn't carry HTM61s .
    - It would take a lot of time to order speakers, but that's not an option for me since I want the speakers ASAP.
    - The system will be used for:
    60% Gaming in HD (mostly PS3)
    25% Music (Rock, Heavy/Progressive Metal)
    15% Blu-Ray Movies/TV Series

Any help would be Really appreciated.
  • metallicaband
    • Nov 2008

Anyone.. ?

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Option 1 with HTM62

metallicaband,

Of your two listed options, I like #1 with the HTM62. Mainly because it all current 600 series technology. This will have the best integration.

I know some have expressed disappointment with the HTM61, but I like the fact that if has the FST midrange. It would match the 683's better. You'll have to work with another dealer.

If you can demo these in home, that's the best solution.

Also, whichever center channel you get, try the vertical position with it and see how that works.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• newguy987
        • Nov 2008

you could try your old lcr600 with the 683's to see how it sounds. Then I would also get the 685's for rears. That way you could try out one of the 685's as a center just to see if it's any better. plus with the 685's, you'd be geared up for 7.1-you can use your old 6xx for back surrounds while using the 685's for side surrounds. It would give you lots of options. Another Idea is that if you find that the one 685 works good as a center, you could use the other one for your sixth channel (back center surround).
        As for the center channel, the htm62 doesn't match the 683's so I wouldn't recommend it. I own the htm61 with the 683's and have no issues with how it sounds. There are a lot of different opinions on here about the htm61, keep in mind they are only opinions and only you know what will sound the best to you...

Comment

• metallicaband
          • Nov 2008

Thanks for replying both of you, more comments are of course welcome.

Comment

• Russ L
            • Jul 2006

If the problem with the HTM61 is off axis dispersion as stated in the Ultimate AV review then the speaker may integrate better with the 683s if positioned vertically instead of horizontally. Worth a demo.
            Russ

Comment

• Briz vegas
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

...............in which case a 683 would be the best solution, particularly if magnetic shielding is not an issue.
              Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
              Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"