X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

New finish to the 8 series

Hi guys

I just saw this pictures of a new Premium Finish Series of the 8 series. www.avcat.jp audio/visual news.
    Attached Files
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

That piano black is a sweet color for sure. Hopefully, they will come out with that color for the other speakers in the 800 Series as well! They should have also shown the speakers with a matching component stand. :T

The base of the plynth should also be like a flat black to go with the top of the speaker?
    Last edited by beden1; 08 November 2008, 17:52 Saturday.

Comment

• PavelL
      • Sep 2005

IMHO they better do somethin to plynth!! it looks UUUGGLLLYYY. Especially with toe-in... And this trademark yellow kevlar is just out of place. Should have used dark gray or black

Comment

• beden1
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by PavelL
        IMHO they better do somethin to plynth!! it looks UUUGGLLLYYY. Especially with toe-in... And this trademark yellow kevlar is just out of place. Should have used dark gray or black
        I agree with you on both counts. The plynth just looks out-of-place. Too modern or Lego's looking.

Comment

• Mikael
          • Aug 2007

Yep, the yellow kevlar is out of place I wish they would switch to black kevlar on all their black gloss finishes(CM models and the new Premium Finish Series)

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

I think B&W should send me a set and surprise me with them. I would write up one amazing review! If they did. ha ha

They look pretty good in my opinion...I agree they could've rounded the edges on the plynth or something to help it out a bit.

But I don't think that would affect the sound.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• TYE
              • Sep 2008

Anyone know what component stand that is?

Comment

• Russ L
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by TYE
                Anyone know what component stand that is?
                I'll pass on the gloss black finish 8O ... but that component stand is first rate. :T
                Russ

Comment

• marky mark
                  • Feb 2008

i wonder how often you will have to clean the speakers, finger prints and dusts!

Comment

• PavelL
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by marky mark
                    i wonder how often you will have to clean the speakers, finger prints and dusts!
                    I wonder how often you have to actually touch your speakers to leave any fingerprints :?: What would you do that for? Love hugging them?!?

Comment

• marky mark
                      • Feb 2008

I wonder how often you have to actually touch your speakers to leave any fingerprints :?: What would you do that for? Love hugging them?!?
                      Hell, if I did own the new 800 series, I would even make love to it, hehehe :B
                      The reason I asked is that I have two little ones at home.

Comment

• bigburner
                        Super Senior Member
                        • May 2005

I wonder how often you have to actually touch your speakers to leave any fingerprints :?: What would you do that for?
                        I usually pull mine forward from their 'tidy' position for critical listening, which happens fairly frequently. That's why I removed the spikes which were just a nuisance. If I had piano black speakers I'd keep a pair of pig skin gloves handy. Last time I looked they were $10 in my supermarket.

Nigel.

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Too black for me I like the natural wood colors, it would be great if they can make a piano finish in the rosewood or natural cherry
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• misterdoggy
                            Super Senior Member
                            • May 2005

I love Piano Black, but somehow it doesn't come off with the heavy base.

I prefer the natural wood colors.....

Comment

• Gremal
                              • Apr 2007

It would look great on my 802Ds and HTM1D. Wonder how it would impact the sound or whether the change would be audible.
                              Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
                              Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
                              B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
                              VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
                              Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                • Apr 2006

I have the Paradigm Signature S6 in piano black finish and they are not that hard to keep clean. Also they look beautiful. And those B&W's look great in that picture. :T

Comment

• Zoran
                                  • Apr 2005

I can't find any confirmation info on the B&W website concerning the new piano black finish implementation in the 800 Series... B&W doesn't respond to my e-mail, btw (not too new from them).

Anyone have a proper info whether piano black 800s are available to order...???

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by Zoran
                                    Anyone have a proper info whether piano black 800s are available to order...???
                                    They are not:cry:
                                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

that color might work well in a 2 channel setting, but can you imagine the reflections you'd get putting it in an HT setting? especially with a projector?!
                                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                        that color might work well in a 2 channel setting, but can you imagine the reflections you'd get putting it in an HT setting? especially with a projector?!
                                        The Marlan heads are a bit reflective already :cry:

Comment

• style
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Feb 2006

Piano black :T

This is the 1°prize with the magazine AUDIO in Germany.

The "combo" has a price of about € .53500 .-

The only B&W PianoBlack costs €.5000 .- extra!!
                                          (for the 800D couple €.25300.-)

Rack offered for €. 4500 .-.

Style

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

Originally posted by style
                                            Piano black :T This is the 1°prize with the magazine AUDIO in Germany. The "combo" has a price of about € .53500 .- The only B&W PianoBlack costs €.5000 .- extra!! (for the 800D couple €.25300.-) Rack offered for €. 4500 .-.Style
                                            €5000 extra what a farce!!

Comment

• style
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Feb 2006

€5000 extra what a farce!!
                                              hi wettou,

what is a farce. that is dont have the €. 5000.- or the color piano plack?
                                              You can buy this book AUDIO magazine (month 12.2008) so can yourself see and write direct the this magazine.... :B :B

If you will I go send you a phone nr. or a adresse. :W :W

Style

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

The farce is 5000 Euros for piano black finish!!

Comment

• style
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Feb 2006

Hi wettou,

€.5000.- for the piano black color is really not a little money...but if you can
                                                  buy the 800D can also this extra well?

I dont can. And the 800D is too big for my room... ops:

You have the B&W802D which I find to be the best compromise performance / price.....

Style

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"