X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

Rotel 15 series

Hi! Has anyone seen the new 15 series in black? I have been to two dealers and they only had the silver, which looks awesome but I wanted to see the black also. The website doesn't do them much justice but it seems like they look even better. Anyone....
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

You could email Rotel and ask for them to send some pictures.

Comment

• ray5
      • Dec 2008

Thanks

Comment

• B&W_Group_Fan
        • Sep 2008

Rotel's PR company has some new pictures on their website that feature some 15 series in black.

HT
        Rotel RSX-1560
        B&W Signature 7NT (x6) | B&W FPM6 (center) | Velodyne MiniVee
        Panasonic TH-46PZ800U | Panasonic DMP-BD55
        Apple TV

Kitchen / Dining
        Rotel RB-1510 (RSX-1560 providing source)
        B&W CCM 65 (x4)

Control
        URC MX-880 w/ MRF-350

Comment

• ray5
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by B&W_Group_Fan
          Rotel's PR company has some new pictures on their website that feature some 15 series in black.

http://www.nicollpr.com/ROTEL/Files/...tyle%20Images/
          Thanks. They look beautiful!!! Definitely going for the black. In these they have stacked the components right on top of each other, is it only for the pictures or can they be stacked when in use?

Comment

• Ken49r
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ray5
            In these they have stacked the components right on top of each other, is it only for the pictures or can they be stacked when in use?
            The pre/pro and processors generate a lot of heat so you always want them to sit on top to avoid blocking the air vent.
            I recently ugraded IC's and they are .5m length so I have to stack mine until I get a new equip rack.
            RMB-1095 > RCD-1072 > RSP-1069.

Comment

• dknightd
              • Mar 2006

The manuals will tell you how much space each thing needs. Maybe Rotel has manuals online? The new digital amps run pretty cool maybe they can be stacked - my rule is don't stack something on top of something that has cooling vents on top. If the manuals do not specify, and something seems to run hot but has no vents I add spacers under the feet of the thing on top if I want/need to stack them.

Comment

• ray5
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dknightd
                The manuals will tell you how much space each thing needs. Maybe Rotel has manuals online? The new digital amps run pretty cool maybe they can be stacked - my rule is don't stack something on top of something that has cooling vents on top. If the manuals do not specify, and something seems to run hot but has no vents I add spacers under the feet of the thing on top if I want/need to stack them.
                The manual online says keep 4 inches space above, but all the pictures have them stacked. Perhaps I'll check with B&W, even the dealer said not to stack. But they do look neat stacked!

Comment

• dknightd
                  • Mar 2006

As long as you stack the hot thing on top, and give it the space it needs, you are probably OK. 4" is a lot, it would surprise me if you really needed that much space, but they are the "experts" so follow their advice unless you have reason to believe your situation is different. You should ask Rotel how much space each device needs, then you should ask them why they do not allow that space in their advertising (if indeed they do not). Cooling spacing is not an exact science, and depends on the situation - for example if your shelves are open front back and sides then you can likely leave less space on top - if your shelves are enclosed then you might need to leave more vertical space.

Comment

• B&W_Group_Fan
                    • Sep 2008

There is another discussion in the Rotel area on stacking as well:

I would definitely ask your dealer, though, and follow their advice.
                    HT
                    Rotel RSX-1560
                    B&W Signature 7NT (x6) | B&W FPM6 (center) | Velodyne MiniVee
                    Panasonic TH-46PZ800U | Panasonic DMP-BD55
                    Apple TV

Kitchen / Dining
                    Rotel RB-1510 (RSX-1560 providing source)
                    B&W CCM 65 (x4)

Control
                    URC MX-880 w/ MRF-350

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"