X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atchudy
    • Nov 2007

Ordering Boxes

How long does it take to order new boxes?
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

For you to order them? just a few minutes.. : :lol: ,

sorry, I couldnt resist...

It should only take a week or so if you ordered them yourself, if you ordered them through a dealer, it may take a bit longer, sometimes they don't jump right on the order.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

I've ordered boxes and packing material several times, even for legacy equipment and have had no issue.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• atchudy
        • Nov 2007

how much do they cost?

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
          • Jun 2006

When I sold my N801's my buyer paid about $1000 for the boxes and styrofoams and I still had to modify the foam to fit the speakers. Shipping was another $800 or so.

Buying the boxes from B&W seemed very expensive. I think that there are companies that can custom build shipping crates and ship the speakers for less than the cost of the boxes and shipping. I was looking at a pair of N800's in the midwest and there was a shipper that could build crates and ship for about $1200.

Volume Audiogon sellers like AudioPimp do this all of the time.

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DM3000 Owner
            When I sold my N801's my buyer paid about $1000 for the boxes and styrofoams and I still had to modify the foam to fit the speakers. Shipping was another $800 or so.

Buying the boxes from B&W seemed very expensive. I think that there are companies that can custom build shipping crates and ship the speakers for less than the cost of the boxes and shipping. I was looking at a pair of N800's in the midwest and there was a shipper that could build crates and ship for about $1200.

Volume Audiogon sellers like AudioPimp do this all of the time.
            Wow, that is a lot of money. :E

Comment

• misterdoggy
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

It really pays to keep the boxes for when you resell the speakers

Of course that takes space when its an 800D or 801 0r 802, but its more attractive and you will get your price.

When I sell large speakers I ONLY have local pickup as its a real hassle and you have the worry of damage.

The last set of 802D's I sold, we put in to the original box and then in to the fellows Galaxy And both fit and were protected.

I keep a separate Garage for storage where I keep all my boxes, and other stuff. its worthwhile

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                It really pays to keep the boxes for when you resell the speakers. I keep a separate Garage for storage where I keep all my boxes, and other stuff. its worthwhile
                Isn't it nice to have such a large house:T
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

I keep a separate Garage for storage where I keep all my boxes, and other stuff. its worthwhile
                  can I be you for a day? :T
                  I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Allegiance
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                    can I be you for a day? :T
                    Count me in too :B

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

It really pays to keep the boxes for when you resell the speakers. Of course that takes space when its an 800D or 801 0r 802, but its more attractive and you will get your price.

When I sell large speakers I ONLY have local pickup as its a real hassle and you have the worry of damage. The last set of 802D's I sold, we put in to the original box and then in to the fellows Galaxy And both fit and were protected. I keep a separate Garage for storage where I keep all my boxes, and other stuff. its worthwhile
                      Lake Annecy, France Ah vous parler le Français! Comment sont les prix en France? Etes vous revandeur?
                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Ataim
                        • Aug 2008

I shipped an empty N802 box from Texas to Washington State for $170 and had had it shipped back for $268. Shipping can be 1/4 the price of the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"