I just ordered Frank Van Alstine's Ultra DAC!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pearsall001
    • Dec 2005

I just ordered Frank Van Alstine's Ultra DAC!

I finally got around to ordering it. Delivery will be around the end of OCT. According to Frank it will elevate my 2 channel listening enjoyment to a whole new level. At present I am very delighted with my 2 channel performance. But I am always looking for ways to improve without having to take out a second mortgage on my house. LOL!! Hence the need & curiousity to try the Ultra DAC to hear what it will add. Frank is very confident in his products & offers a generous return policy. If it's anything like his OmegaStar 440EX amp that I own, I'm sure it's going to be a keeper. Only time will tell!!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Banana time! :banana:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Cool..... :T

Frank's going to be sharing a booth at RMAF 2006, so I'll stop by to say 'hi' and listen to his DAC.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• autio
        • Mar 2005

I hope you like it. you will have to give us a review after some extended listening. I have a omega 440 hc amp I have always liked.

Comment

• NMyTree
          • May 2004

Mr. Van Alstine designs and creates some sweet and killer amps!!

I love his Transcendence Eight Pre Amp and Fet Valve Ultra 350 & 550 amps. Along with my Butler Audio TDB 2250, they are my favorite amps.

I'm very curious to hear your impressions of the Ultra DAC.
          Tony

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by NMyTree
            I'm very curious to hear your impressions of the Ultra DAC.
            Me too.

Nigel.

Comment

• Armand
              • Nov 2005

Wow FVA is till around? How old is he now? He's been around a looong time. Always made good stuff.

Comment

• pearsall001
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Armand
                Wow FVA is till around? How old is he now? He's been around a looong time. Always made good stuff.
                He better be, he's in the process of making my Ultra DAC. You're right around the corner from me. When it comes in are you interested in giving it a listen?
                Toss me a PM if you're game.

Cheers, :T

Phil

Comment

• Armand
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by pearsall001
                  He better be, he's in the process of making my Ultra DAC. You're right around the corner from me. When it comes in are you interested in giving it a listen?
                  Toss me a PM if you're game.

Cheers, :T

Phil
                  Sure. I'd love to hear those AAD's. Let me know when the DAC's arrive.

Comment

• pearsall001
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Armand
                    Sure. I'd love to hear those AAD's. Let me know when the DAC's arrive.
                    Man, you're in for a real treat when you listen to the AAD 2001's. I'll give you a shout when the DAC gets here.

Comment

• Armand
                      • Nov 2005

Cool. I've heard good things about the AAD's although they don't get alot of press for some reason. Let me know pearsall.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"